Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Walsall......Matchday Thread.  (Read 34752 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 01:22:26 »

The season starts today....got a feeling Grella will score a couple today.

2-0 Town for me with a crowd of 9,244.

Looking forward to a fresh start and hopefully three points.....................oh and a few pints to.
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 01:35:05 »

Nice one leefer! I was about to do the same thing with a very similar start about how the season is now a hard fought ground out 13 game mini season.

It will be a big crowd tomorrow with the free tickets, and to be honest must be the last time we can say that it's a "key game" and not be dead and buried if we lose.

If Walsall win then they'll be 6 points clear of us, not impossible with 12 games left with a game in hand but fucking unlikely on what would be continuing horrendous form.

New management team, new ideas. Hopefully the players have been kicked into what's expected of them. Ideally our first game under the new coaches would have been against a mid-table team we're not really chasing for points, give the players a chance to find their feet in a non-six-pointer. Part of me thinks that's a bit of a cop out though, it's still 3 points who ever it's against.

I've got a feeling it might be a 1-1 draw. Which wouldn't be great but leave us within Walsall, leave fans a bit docile with not knowing where we're going, and possibly take the wind out of any new found optimism without much of a shout.

I honestly don't know though. This is the roll of the dice that a lot of us wanted, you take your gambles and live with them. Paul hart has a good record at keeping clubs up, lets hope he can start off well.

DMR

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 01:44:45 »

I hope we get beat just so I can see what sort of meltdown the more partisan amongst us go in to.
flammableBen

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 01:52:49 »

I hope we get beat just so I can see what sort of meltdown the more partisan amongst us go in to.

I imagine the role reversal of "I told you so" between those who've wanted Wilson out since November and those who were still willing to give him more time will be something to behold.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 02:00:38 »

Been strangely looking forward to this game all week, even before our new management team took over.

I really really hope we get the first goal. Not sure how our crowd will respond if we go a goal behind but I fear the worst.

Please let us win!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 03:21:29 »

We've used our last roll of the dice now.

It really is win or bust this time. 

I think ben got it spot on with a 1-1 draw and the reaction afterwards.

I think the crowd will be good tomorrow. Wilson towards the end split the fanbase, none of that now...

We need to be loud, supportive and hostile (to walsall not us!)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 03:38:32 »

3-1 win  Beers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 07:55:45 »

This is it. Time as a club to stand up and be counted. Fuck the nerves. Fuck the fear of losing. Lets get out there and murder them.

By murder , I think we will win 2-1
Dozno9

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 08:01:34 »

If those players have the willingness and fight they say they have with the crap they spout through the Adver then this is the day to show it. No more bullshit, word play and crowd pleasing rhetoric. Get out there and show us, the fans why we support this club and spend the money we do.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 08:03:35 by Dozno9 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 08:04:04 »

[url width=450 height=337]http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/sheilareck/sheilacamerapics036.jpg[/url]
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 08:17:00 »

Feelin' positive and confident. Three points today. 3-1. Goals by Grella, Obika and Ritchie.

Can't follow the game as I'm gone the whole day, but I will check livescores on my cell.

Best of luck, to Swindon Town and all you cunts at TEF!

Have a couple of cold ones for me, will ya!!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 08:44:44 »

[url width=450 height=337]http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/sheilareck/sheilacamerapics036.jpg[/url]

So we're drinking at.....the Rosedeer Hotel....what does this mean Hmmm

OK, here we go. With just a little bit more conviction than previous weeks...

3-0 Grella, Ritchie, Douglas.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 08:51:02 »

We do seem to be riding on a crest of a (smallish) wave of optimism at the moment (I am actually looking forward to this game, I think there will be a new found unity at the CG), a win at this point could see us build on this to get a decent head of steam that may just carry us through.

A loss on the other hand, given all this, and we may as well all pack up and go home.

3-0 us I reckon.
limpwrist

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 09:12:05 »

Can't see where all this positivism has come from.
The change of management was at least a month to late.
The players need a month to get fit and at least that long to start playing like a team.
We need wins and we need them soon. We need to improve our goal difference and with our defence that is a tall order.

2  1 to Walsall.

I'm often wrong with my predictions and nobody will be happier than me if that's the case this time.  There is a leak in the roof of the Don Rogers and it's directly above my seat. This is not going to be a good day.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 5, 2011, 09:16:36 »

This really is a fucking massive game, glad I am able to go to it thanks Si and Iffy.

As long as we don't lose and have a stepping board to step up from, I feel we may be a little more defensive today, massive game for Walsall too and I think they will come to us with 8 or 9 men behind the ball at all times making them very hard to break down but hitting us on the break.

I can see it being a 0-0 or 1-1 draw with Obika notching his first for the club with a crowd of 9,085.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: