Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Resigned  (Read 38579 times)
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:19:09 »

Thanks Danny, some of us were with you til the end.

Anyone have anything positive to say about Paul Hart?

At this stage, I don't think anyone coming in would make us significantly more or less likely to stay up this season.

So for me, the only justifiable reason for change would be bringing someone in who'd be guaranteed to sell a few season tickets for next season.

Paul Hart, fuck that.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:21:01 »

Paul Hart, fuck that.

You'll change your tune in the space of 2 games if we get a couple of wins.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:21:25 »

Just as long as we sign morph im happy
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:21:51 »

It'll be him, did wonders with the Leeds youth team, and developed a good young Forest crop and took them to an unlikely playoffs place, so lets wait and see.

Not my first choice by a long shot, but I suppose the Craig Maskell/Dave Mitchell dream team was indeed highly unlikely.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:22:51 »

Well what an anti climax that is, my level of optimism has just returned to the level it was at 3 hours ago.

Meh!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:23:15 »

heres a positve, kind of

For Qpr he had 5 games 1 win 2 draws and 2 loses  thats 5 points from 15.

Dw for swindon last 5 games 0 wins 1 draw and 4 loses 1 point from 15

Huwwy

"The world is my lobster"

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:23:29 »

They wouldn't have printed anything without a very firm assurance from a trusted source at the club.  It's going to be Hart.
This is the Adver you're talking about!! Cheesy
knifey spoony

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:25:07 »

Not sure what to make of Hart really. Definitely seems a panic appointment, get an experienced head in to steady the ship till the summer. Personally I'd have preferred a gamble on someone a bit younger with a more modern approach.

As for Wilson, I wish him all the best. He built a fine team and after giving us our most enjoyable season since 92-93 it must have been hard for him to watch it break apart this year.

Suspect he'll be back, probably at a League 2 club next season.
scott

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:25:28 »

oh dear gotta bad feeling about this - hope im very wrong
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:25:50 »

Paul Hart ? does that fit in with what Fitton says about a Proven senior manager, Hart does not really fit this bill for me, not really been succesful anywhere so no real history he has not got the greatest of records and has no experience at this level, would not even get in my top 5 I'm afraid, he also would not have the immediate respect of the players, I'd like Gary Johnson or perhaps Alan Irvine, failing that Peter Taylor or Stuart Pearce

Whoever it is will be told keep us up and the job is yours fail and you run the risk of being out of work again, Fitton obviously has a list and is confident of recruiting one of his top names, I would not have thought anyone would be lined up before Wilson went.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:26:08 »

oh dear gotta bad feeling about this - hope im very wrong

I've got exactly the same feeling I had 5 hours ago.

We're going down.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:26:34 »

I can't believe some people are moaning already about our potential manager.  Most people said they'd have taken anyone other than Wilson, well he's stepped down we bring in someone new and the bloke's being slated already.

I guess the saying becareful for what you wish does ring true. Whoever takes over just get behind him & the team
SirWinston

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:27:02 »

Not exactly the uplifting appointment we had all been hoping for (especially in light of some of the names being bandied around as possibles earlier), but lets at least get behind him for a couple of games!!

I thought the club could have done a kind of surprise unveiling on the pitch as a way of building the tension and filling the ground.  Wheel on a box with the new man in it, a few fireworks and ...  drumroll.... PAUL HART!!!!!!!  Cue mad screaming and cheering from the terraces.  No.  Just me then.   Doh
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:27:58 »

His penchant for a diamond formation may suit us - and allow a place for Ferry. I'm going to remain upbeat.

Thisis will go into meltdown as a result of this, lots of anger, bags of unfathomable vitriol and tons of statements in CAPITAL LETTERS.

If he wins the next three though they'll be a queue to suck his cock.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, March 2, 2011, 21:28:59 »

Paul Hart lost 8 in a row when managing Rushden & Diamonds in the Conference, didn't he? Got the sack in BSP?

Oh wait... I'm being negative. Shame on me!

Paul Hart's Barmy Army!!!  Cheesy

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: