Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Southampton Vs Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 36094 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 17:59:41 »

Spent the weekend in Brighton celebrating a friend's birthday.  Keeping a reasonably regular check on the game, got back to 1-1 and oh nipped to the loo and on returning am informed we're 3-1 down.  Depressing, but oh so predicatable.  Can't comment on the game other than secondhand reports from people I know we went, general consensus being we were poor bar 15 minutes or so, defence was shite (again), strikers can't score, no service to strikers and pathetic subs from Wilson again.  Pretty much the same as the last 8 or so games then?

Just to make me feel that little bit more peed off, I had the pleasure of listening to chants of 'BRIGHTON' and 'Going Up, Going Up' whereever we went and nearly punched some bloke who on learning we came from Swindon revelled in telling me just how shit we were, we'd lost 4-1 that day and Gordon Greer is one of the best defenders they've ever had.  It's not like I've got STFC tattooed across my head, so how did he know to pick on me to be the one that would be bothered? 

The next 3 games are vital, but how many times have we said that this season already?  I genuinely don't believe we will win another game with Wilson in charge.  Not only are we now officially the most out of form team in League 1 in terms of point per game, but we are the worst in in the whole of the English Leagues.  Why the hell is Wilson still in a job? 
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 18:02:10 »

Yesterday could easily pass as the worst day of my life. Everthing had seemed so simple. Take the missus to her first game so she could see what it was all about, i really wish i never bothered. Had planned on leaving Swindon about 10am but didnt set off until 12.45. Whilst having a shower about 9 suddenly the water went cold and could hear the other half screaming downstairs as if she was being murdered. For reasons i dont know something in the boiler broke and water was pissing out of it. 3 hours later i'm £250 worse off and just needed to go to football to ease the foul mood i was now in. I really should not have bothered. Shocking first half display and the missus predictibably bored, half time was a god send just to get a coffee. The equilazier was the highlight of the day. For that minute or so i felt great, cant remember last time scoring a goal felt so good. At least the missus then understood what it was all about being a football fan.
  I dont need to talk about the rest of the game. Was a long walk back to the car park. Its hard to hold your head high when you appear to be the one person wearing a Town shirt amongst a sea of Saints fans. Pedictable taunting from a few knobbers but nothing compared to what was about to come. Got to the car and blipped it with the key fob. Nothing. Tried again. Nothing. Never mind maybe the keyfob battery dead so entered the car with the key manually. Went to start engine. Nothing. Not even a glimmer from the interior light or the dashboard. Just the faintest of glows from the battery light on the dash. A car park steward comes over and told me he noticed i left my lights on but we had already left so had no way of contacting us. How could i be so stupid? Angry with myself i took it out on him and said something along the lines of you knew i was going to football why not get a stadium announcement?  Despite the best efforts of four Saints fans trying to bump start the car it simply would not fire up. Could the day get any worse? Well frankly yes, The AA didnt have the details of the car i was driving on their systems only my old car as i had not told them. I got an old policy where the car is covered, not the driver. Now they were still happy to come to my resue and update details and change my cover but all for the grand price of £146 paid there and then. In disgust i hung up feeling as low as i ever have done. Starting to get dark not knowing what to do and aware of the numerous signs on the road warning cars left would be towed away and impounded I was running out of options.
 Then something happened that restored my faith in humanity. One of the Saints fans who helped bump start earllier returned in his car announced with jump leads. Within minutes I was back on the road thanks to the goodwill of a rival football fan. WHat was such a bad day on the whole was made better by the kindness of someone who had no reason to help me. I hope one day i can be of help to someone. Defeat against Walsall and thats it as far as i'm concerned. The fat lady is warming her voice for sure.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 18:39:07 »

Going back to the last page,

I had a chat with sutton after the game and he said your all a bunch of cunts and he's stopped posting for a while but he loves you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 18:42:14 »

So that's why you call yourself the grim reaper...has ya Mrs left ya yet?!
K-S-1982

« Reply #394 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 18:49:39 »

Just seen the goals, Awful defending and why don't the players look that bothered when the goals go in?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #395 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:00:00 »

Just seen the goals, Awful defending and why don't the players look that bothered when the goals go in?
because they know another one is a few minutes away - they don't exactly have rarity value, do they?
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:01:37 »

You're all forgetting that dropping smith was the answer to our defensive problems as Lucas shouts more...oh....
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #397 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:06:57 »

You're all forgetting that dropping smith was the answer to our defensive problems as Lucas shouts more...oh....
I was one of those calling for Lucas to be recalled but I hadn't realised he'd had a hand swap with Nicky Hammond. His voice is still in good nick though
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #398 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:08:39 »

Just to make me feel that little bit more peed off, I had the pleasure of listening to chants of 'BRIGHTON' and 'Going Up, Going Up' whereever we went and nearly punched some bloke who on learning we came from Swindon revelled in telling me just how shit we were, we'd lost 4-1 that day and Gordon Greer is one of the best defenders they've ever had.  It's not like I've got STFC tattooed across my head, so how did he know to pick on me to be the one that would be bothered? 
I'm surprised your lad didn't sort him after his star turn at the training day
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:14:55 »

They just seemed resigned/depressed rather than not bothered IMO. Much like I felt.
woolster

« Reply #400 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:21:38 »

They just seemed resigned/depressed rather than not bothered IMO. Much like I felt.
i get depressed at work paul, dont mean im allowed to fuck up week in week out
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:24:06 »

i get depressed at work paul, dont mean im allowed to fuck up week in week out
I didn't mean it was an excuse for conceding, just that that was how their response (or lack of) to the goals seemed to me.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:37:17 »

Didnt go.....hats off to all of you that did!

Had the car back in time ...but i just couldnt be arsed.....only one of the lads going diect from Reading on the train...so i left it.

Punched the air at 1-1 and turned on the radio...big mistake....just as the dab kicked in...Lambert scored...i turned it off.....and just cringed when the texts came in...

The next three games are going to tell if we go down with a whimper or make a fight of it....

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:47:19 »

The next three games are going to tell if we go down with a whimper or make a fight of it....

Sadly, I think that's about all we've got left to fight for, and we don't look capable of doing that. Certainly wouldn't want the players to get the message they're playing for pride and self-respect, they've amply demonstrated they have neither
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, February 27, 2011, 19:56:05 »

Yesterday could easily pass as the worst day of my life. Everthing had seemed so simple. Take the missus to her first game so she could see what it was all about, i really wish i never bothered. Had planned on leaving Swindon about 10am but didnt set off until 12.45. Whilst having a shower about 9 suddenly the water went cold and could hear the other half screaming downstairs as if she was being murdered. For reasons i dont know something in the boiler broke and water was pissing out of it. 3 hours later i'm £250 worse off and just needed to go to football to ease the foul mood i was now in. I really should not have bothered. Shocking first half display and the missus predictibably bored, half time was a god send just to get a coffee. The equilazier was the highlight of the day. For that minute or so i felt great, cant remember last time scoring a goal felt so good. At least the missus then understood what it was all about being a football fan.
  I dont need to talk about the rest of the game. Was a long walk back to the car park. Its hard to hold your head high when you appear to be the one person wearing a Town shirt amongst a sea of Saints fans. Pedictable taunting from a few knobbers but nothing compared to what was about to come. Got to the car and blipped it with the key fob. Nothing. Tried again. Nothing. Never mind maybe the keyfob battery dead so entered the car with the key manually. Went to start engine. Nothing. Not even a glimmer from the interior light or the dashboard. Just the faintest of glows from the battery light on the dash. A car park steward comes over and told me he noticed i left my lights on but we had already left so had no way of contacting us. How could i be so stupid? Angry with myself i took it out on him and said something along the lines of you knew i was going to football why not get a stadium announcement?  Despite the best efforts of four Saints fans trying to bump start the car it simply would not fire up. Could the day get any worse? Well frankly yes, The AA didnt have the details of the car i was driving on their systems only my old car as i had not told them. I got an old policy where the car is covered, not the driver. Now they were still happy to come to my resue and update details and change my cover but all for the grand price of £146 paid there and then. In disgust i hung up feeling as low as i ever have done. Starting to get dark not knowing what to do and aware of the numerous signs on the road warning cars left would be towed away and impounded I was running out of options.
 Then something happened that restored my faith in humanity. One of the Saints fans who helped bump start earllier returned in his car announced with jump leads. Within minutes I was back on the road thanks to the goodwill of a rival football fan. WHat was such a bad day on the whole was made better by the kindness of someone who had no reason to help me. I hope one day i can be of help to someone. Defeat against Walsall and thats it as far as i'm concerned. The fat lady is warming her voice for sure.

Top Saints fan for doing that!!

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: