Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Tickets 2011/2012  (Read 28612 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:11:38 »

I'm not renewing if we are in L2.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:13:05 »

I'm not happy that cheapest prices mean you have to renew before the end of the season again.
It's very clearly an attempt to get people to renew before they know whether we're going to be relegated or not, presumably on the assumption that lots won't renew if we go down. "Loyalty has it's own rewards" could be the marketing slogan they discarded very very quickly? Smiley

I suspect though that it will put off as much as it encourages, and as jonny says, that more people will be swayed by the manager than the division he's managing us in (rightly or wrongly). I think we could lose 1500 on the basis of "This season was shit"/"Wilson's a tosser"/"I'm not watching League Two" but most will renew anyway on the grounds they can't seem themselves not going to games, no matter how shit they are. Which isn't to be complacent about the loss of renewals - that 1500 will hurt a lot.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:14:37 »

Can't fault the price, but I have to say that giving a month to find what I'd class as a major outlay is not ideal.
Yeah, that's going to cause me a fair bit of grief as well. If they're going to have these very short "phases" we could do with a bit more notice, especially as it seems to be getting earlier every year
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:14:56 »

I'd like a scheme where they take the cost of a season ticket. Divide it by 23 instalments and then you can just pay for the games you want as you go along. On the day.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:15:06 »

There is no way I'll be renewing my season ticket with Wilson still in charge, nor will I pay more than I did this season. So I'd say the chances are pretty minimal for me at the moment. Suspect a lot of people will feel the same especially whilst we don't know what season we will be in.
Why was there going to be a price increase if we were promoted last season, but no discont if we are relagated this season?

I would take a guess at 2011/2012, there is a clue in the title.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:16:53 »

Bring in a new manager and give people an incentive. I think the prices are fine, the product isn't. People can take or leave football when its this shit.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:19:57 »

Bring in a new manager and give people an incentive. I think the prices are fine, the product isn't. People can take or leave football when its this shit.
I think you're bang on there Si.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:24:39 »

incentive to buy has been needed for weeks.
 how many current season ticket holders are there?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:25:31 »

RJack

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 18:52:01 »

I'll renew but i'm moving seats in the DRS it's only a matter of time before i punch the cunt behind me that hasn't got a fucking clue about football and also look like Matt Lucas
Doctor Bamber

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:22:52 »

Cant quite grasp the logic behind this "initiative"
Last year we renewed on MArch 20th - immediately after the Norwich game to be precise. In other words in "phase one" the early bird period -so the price for this season was £259.
As, at that time, we had a VERY good good chance of Championship football. We were in the play off spots by a clear 6 points, and only 4 points adrift of automatic promotion. Playing well and winning. SO it was a cracking deal. Even if we didnt go up, it was still a reasonable deal

So, to now......... they are asking for the same price, for the same "early bird period". And we are in with an extraordinarily good chance of that ticket being for League 2 football.

Hmmmmmmmm - just as an aside, the day I bought that ticket I also invested in a home shirt - all full price of £35 ish. Without a qualm regarding the price. Today I walked into the shop before kick off to see home shirts at newly reduced price of £19.........

I cant quite grasp the logic here. I will probably renew. But I cant help but think i would DEFINITELY renew now (which is what the club wants after all) if they put a caveat in there that we'd get 30, or 40, quid back IF we go down - as no doubt "on the day" tickets will reduce if we go down - they would have to surely??

I just cant see too many people renewing in the early bird period if the fayre served up today remains the same during MArch
Spencer_White

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:30:08 »

I'll renew and get the same price as this season.

And I'm assuming we will be in League 2.
Doctor Bamber

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:33:38 »

Yeh fine, each to his own - my point is that IF they put a small rebate on relegation, they would get a lot more people renewing NOW - which is what the club wants, needs, and is angling for. True, we could have a run of wins, and by the end of March look safe and everything is rosy in the garden, then a last minute early bird will look good value, but.......

............ah fuck who am I kidding? I am a sad cunt with no life at all to speak of and the only conversations I get over the weekend is the silly bitch in front of me telling me off for bating Pericard. i'll fucking renew anyway.........
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:34:49 »

If you like going to football on a Sat afternoon, then being a Div lower wont bother most people, in fact we might even win a few games and score a few goals.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:46:40 »

I'm taking that the 10 month plan is only for phase one
I was going to get my first one, would have been able to spread the cost over 10 months

Jump to: