Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Strangely confident?  (Read 12507 times)
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 18:26:26 »

Walsall, Daggers and Plymouth all in a row soon. Those are the 3 games that will decide it for me. Personally though at the moment i'm thinking we don't have enough. We still have to go Huddersfield, Saints and bloody Brighton for a start.

Not forgetting Wednesday too!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 18:36:22 »

Not forgetting Wednesday too!

They're a bit poo though to be fair. That said still a tough place to go.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 18:53:55 »

Walsall, Daggers and Plymouth all in a row soon. Those are the 3 games that will decide it for me. Personally though at the moment i'm thinking we don't have enough. We still have to go Huddersfield, Saints and bloody Brighton for a start.

To be fair with our form against the top sides vs the bottom sides this season it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we get more points out of the games against Udders Saints and Brighton.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 18:58:20 »

I certainly think we can stay up. Yes, we are in a shit situation (obviously) but that doesn't mean we can't get out of it. If we were a really bad team who were clearly not good enough for this division then yes, I would be resigned to relegation and it wouldn't honestly bother me that much. Neither of those things are true though (we're a good team who have played badly too often. That is not the same as a bad team) and for those reasons I would be fucking gutted if we do go down. Most of us have been following football in general for a a hell of a long team and we've all seen teams get out of worse situations than ours.

I just do not see the point on giving up and resigning myself to relegation. I can't think like that and I won't.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 19:00:32 »

I certainly think we can stay up. Yes, we are in a shit situation (obviously) but that doesn't mean we can't get out of it. If we were a really bad team who were clearly not good enough for this division then yes, I would be resigned to relegation and it wouldn't honestly bother me that much. Neither of those things are true though (we're a good team who have played badly too often. That is not the same as a bad team) and for those reasons I would be fucking gutted if we do go down. Most of us have been following football in general for a a hell of a long team and we've all seen teams get out of worse situations than ours.

I just do not see the point on giving up and resigning myself to relegation. I can't think like that and I won't.

How exactly are we a good team? Our record is pretty poor this season. We're in the bottom 4 for a reason. For me all this bollocks about us having a good team is exactly that. If we were indeed that good we wouldn't be where we are now.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 19:12:18 »

How exactly are we a good team? Our record is pretty poor this season. We're in the bottom 4 for a reason. For me all this bollocks about us having a good team is exactly that. If we were indeed that good we wouldn't be where we are now.

That's something called my opinion. And what I actually said was, 'we are a good team playing badly'. We have played very well on a number of occasions. This leads me to believe that we are essentially a good team. The performance at Charlton for example, was not us playing above ourselves, that was just what the players are capable of. Unfortunately, on more occasions we have played poorly. I am fucked if I know the reasons but this is of course why we are in the bottom four. I have seen (as we probably all have) many, many really poor Town teams over the years and if I thought this team was anywhere near as bad as any of those then I would have have given up by now but I don't and I haven't. I hope this clarifies my position.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 19:15:03 »

The Pox fans have already started gloating.

Hate to say it, but what goes around comes around...

How many people on here have 'gloated'?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 19:34:39 »

As long as the players are confident that's all that matters, as soon as they lose the belief its game over.

I'm choosing to believe they are confident of getting out of this.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 19:41:55 »

Hate to say it, but what goes around comes around...

How many people on here have 'gloated'?

True. When they went out of the league and when they fucked up against Exeter I enjoyed it immensely.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 20:17:57 »

Exeter (a) - 0
Carlisle (h) - 3
Southampton (a) - 0
Walsall (h) - 3
Plymouth (a) - 3
Daggers (h) - 3
Huddersfield (a) - 0
Brighton (a) - 0
Hartlepool (h) - 3
Brentford (a) - 0
Franchise (h) - 0
Notts County (h) - 3
Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 0
Oldham (h) - 0
Tranmere (a) - 1

So I'm predicting 19 points, which probably won't be enough. Like many others I've been resigned to it for a couple of weeks, but still harbour a little glimmer of hope that we'll escape.

What I'd like to see now is the board acknowledging that relegation is a very real possibility and giving some sort of comment on how big a set back they see it as. I'm presuming that, as they have kept faith with Wilson and were prepared to let Austin go when a lot of people felt his goals were the only thing that was going to keep us up, they won't see it as a total disaster and have contingency plans in place to allow us to bounce back.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #40 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 20:19:44 »

Exeter (a) - 0
Carlisle (h) - 3
Southampton (a) - 0
Walsall (h) - 3
Plymouth (a) - 1
Daggers (h) - 3
Huddersfield (a) - 0
Brighton (a) - 0
Hartlepool (h) - 3
Brentford (a) - 0
Franchise (h) - 1
Notts County (h) - 3
Sheffield Wednesday (a) - 0
Oldham (h) - 0
Tranmere (a) - 1

17 points.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 20:30:59 »

Exeter-1
Carlisle-1
Saints-0
Walsall-3
Plymouth-1
Daggers-3
Hudds-1
Brighton-0
H/Pool-3
Brentford-1
Franchise-3
Notts C-3
Wednesday-1
Oldham-3
Tranmere-1...........25 for me......may just do it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #42 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 20:54:51 »

Bloody hell leefer - 2 defeats for the rest of the season - we had that last week alone. I admire your optimism and I hope you are right. I'm going along the same lines as barnard and even that may be optimistic. . 
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #43 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 20:59:39 »

I think Hudds away and brighton away will crush us if i'm honest unless we regain some form before hand.

If we are still just grabbing a point here and there then get absolutely smashed by those 2 teams then that is it imo.

We need to get a run started now so we can afford to lose against those types of teams.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, February 14, 2011, 21:04:44 »

Bloody hell leefer - 2 defeats for the rest of the season - we had that last week alone. I admire your optimism and I hope you are right. I'm going along the same lines as barnard and even that may be optimistic. . 

Course we will probably lose more than two......but to be honest i have put a lot of draws down......1 extra win will count for three draws so lets hope we get three draws tomorow night Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: