sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 11:32:47 »

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 13:31:11 »

A bit off topic but I remember one year away at Bradford we scored an unbelievable team goal. I think it was 04/05. Saw it on Youtube a while back but I think it's been taken off.

Classic game!

Hewlett went off injured and Turbo came on. Turbo went off injured  15 minutes later and Fallon came on.

King, having his hand forced and little choice, moved Grant Smith into the middle - he then scored twice that game and never looked back, apart from when he fucked off to Bristol City!

Ifil got sent off, very much a take one for the team style as their player was well away through on goal.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 14:46:24 »

We played some excellent football during the King era. We had some good attacking players ie Howard, Parkin, Mooney, Igoe, Smith, Fallon and some gems who came on loan but we were just awful at the back. Does anyone remember one year I think it was at Saltergate and we played with a back 3 of Heywood, Reeves and Gurney and got absolutely torn to shreads by an awful Chestefield side. I never forget the King interview after the game he went absoltely mental at our back line and vowed never to play them in that formation again.
flammableBen

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 14:49:09 »

Didn't we once play 3 at the back with migz in there somewhere and he ace. Walsall away?

Edit: fucking theretheirtheretheirthere too many days without a drink.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 14:51:00 »

We played some excellent football during the King era. We had some good attacking players ie Howard, Parkin, Mooney, Igoe, Smith, Fallon and some gems who came on loan but we were just awful at the back. Does anyone remember one year I think it was at Saltergate and we played with a back 3 of Heywood, Reeves and Gurney and got absolutely torn to shreads by an awful Chestefield side. I never forget the King interview after the game he went absoltely mental at our back line and vowed never to play them in that formation again.

That was the 4-0 defeat wasnt it back in 2001? mind you we were pretty shit then, wasnt that the year we stayed up with Danny Invincibles goal against Posh?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 14:53:59 »

Didn't we once play 3 at the back with migz in there somewhere and he ace. Walsall away?

Edit: fucking theretheirtheretheirthere too many days without a drink.

He played in a back 3 in a pre season game (maybe Portsmouth) and was awesome.

His next game at the back was in our relegation season away at Rotherham, such a make shift backline. Migz was of course awesome and we won.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 15:04:28 »

That was the 4-0 defeat wasnt it back in 2001? mind you we were pretty shit then, wasnt that the year we stayed up with Danny Invincibles goal against Posh?

It was in the 2003/2004 season. Sam Parkin was injured and was doing the BBC radio commentary I think aswell.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 15:06:32 by mrverve » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 15:15:43 »

It was our play off season wasnt it?

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20040114
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 15:19:11 »

Thats the one.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 15:29:12 »

Reeves, Viveash and Heywood as a defensive trio. I'd probably outpace them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: