Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: our players contracts  (Read 4257 times)

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:00:24 »

purely out of curiosity i was wondering what length our players contracts are.
how many's are up in the summer etc?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:04:11 by arriba » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:05:22 »

I would guess that all of the players signed at the start of last season will be out of contract

Things get better but they never get good
Moose

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:11:59 »

I don't think there is any way of knowing accurately. What comes out in the press doesn't give the full picture alot of the time. When Douglas signed it was annouced as a two year deal, but we now know there is a club option on a third year if he plays in 25 games this season.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:04:49 »

What I'm interested in, is whether they have wage cuts for relegation built into them. I suspect not.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:25:16 »

What I'm interested in, is whether they have wage cuts for relegation built into them. I suspect not.
I'd like to think there's a sliding scale of painful physical punishments built in as well. I think we're both likely to be disappointed
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:43:04 »

Cuthbert is out of contract in the summer right? and we've heard nothing about him signing a new deal right?

That worries me, Fittons plan to buy then profit on youngsters doesnt work if we are shit and they run out their contract. He's now probably our best player (ok, he's off form but meh) and our most sellable asset - and in a monetary sense he's worth fuck all to us now if he's out of contract in the summer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:49:49 »

I know it sounds stupid but perhaps some players are not being played because they won't accept a new deal or because we want shot but playing them would trigger an extension.

a bit far fetched.  probably.  but it's all I can think of other than a discipline issue that would explain our team selections!
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:53:33 »

Cuthbert
O'Brien
Lescinel
Pericard
Dossevi
Amankwaah
Timlin

Are the ones i think are out of contract in the summer.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:56:06 »

I know it sounds stupid but perhaps some players are not being played because they won't accept a new deal or because we want shot but playing them would trigger an extension.

a bit far fetched.  probably.  but it's all I can think of other than a discipline issue that would explain our team selections!

Its not entirely impossible but the clubs league one survival is a hell of alot more important than if we end up with Michael Timlin (just used for example) for an extra fucking year!
Panda Paws

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 15:04:03 »

Cuthbert
O'Brien
LescinelPo
Pericard
Dossevi
Amankwaah
Timlin

Are the ones i think are out of contract in the summer.

Cuthbert is the only one from that list worth renewing.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 15:16:37 »

Pretty sure Manks signed a new 2 year in the summer just gone.
STFC is in my Blood

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 16:15:57 »

im prety sure lucas hasnt signed his new contract yet so he is also out in the summer
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 16:19:31 »

Has anyone got a relegation release cause too?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 17:12:54 »

With all these players out of contract and league 2 looming, I feel pretty fucking depressed.

Who the hell will we sign ?
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 17:28:03 »

Cuthbert is out of contract in the summer right? and we've heard nothing about him signing a new deal right?

That worries me, Fittons plan to buy then profit on youngsters doesnt work if we are shit and they run out their contract. He's now probably our best player (ok, he's off form but meh) and our most sellable asset - and in a monetary sense he's worth fuck all to us now if he's out of contract in the summer.
As long as we offer him a deal of equal value as what he is on, who ever he signs for has to pay us a fee as he is under 24.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: