Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 92674 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 14:50:59 »

This is raking over old coals by now, but I sent a mate a message earlier that sums up why I crossed sides on Tuesday night.

I turned a corner after the Orient game - until then I'd understood why we let Greer go, I understood why we let Charlie go, I understood Danny needed to be allowed to bring in players and I wasn't unhappy with the ones he'd captured. But I didn't understand what he did at Orient. I didn't understand the starting line-up, I didn't understand the substitutions and I certainly didn't understand their timing, I didn't understand why we persisted in fannying around when what was needed was a caution-to-the-wind, all-out assault on their goal. It was timid, limp and docile. We'd just accepted there was nothing we could do. And then I understood that this is Wilson's fatal flaw. He can't fight his way out of trouble. There's a reason we hardly ever win when behind: he can only do intricate passing football, he can't mix it up. He never seems to learn/compromise. And so he takes another side down.

That's an excellent summary of the current problems.You have to battle first to play your football in this league.

Unfortunately,Danny didn't learn the lessons from the games against Millwall last season and why we couldn't beat them
in 3 games,even when we took the lead in the 2 league games.

There's no point in bemoaning the lack of strikers,you adapt a system and style of play with the players that you have
available to your disposal.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 15:02:52 »

Yeah well said Red Frog, pretty much summed up how I'm feeling at the moment.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 15:47:41 »

good post frogster. lets hope that the players can start to play like their move away from swindon depends on it.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: