Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: elliot benyon - SIGNED! (official, people have had texts and everything)  (Read 50090 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 13:39:37 »

Im pretty sure it does include loans
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 13:43:48 »

Unless its an 'emergency' loan.  Konchesky has just gone to Forest under this rule.  God knows what 'Emergency' mean in this case.

Did they have a blocked drain ?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 13:44:22 »

Time is ticking on - I would like a nice, early announcement on Benyon to settle my nerves.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 13:52:15 »

It doesn't include loans. He's only played for one team this season who holds his contract and that's Plymouth.

It DOES include loans.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:14:08 »

Time is ticking on - I would like a nice, early announcement on Benyon to settle my nerves.

He is probably in Huddersfield as we speak
matt_jada

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:14:33 »

Interesting read, i alos hear charlton were interested in him aswell

Benyon has made 86 starts (41subs) for United since Buckle signed him from Bristol City in the summer of 2007, and he's scored 46 goals.

Thirteen goals have come from 21 starts this season already, eight in his last nine games.

As well as putting the ball in the net, Benyon has continued to improve in all areas.

Buckle has made considerable demands on him.

Benyon hasn't had the help he had last season, in the shape of Scott Rendell.

He's been playing as a lone striker for most of this season, a tough ask against League Two centre-backs.

He did his best to hold three of them off in the 2-2 draw at Hereford last Saturday.

And he was at his best with another busy display, and two goals, in Monday's 3-4 defeat to Oxford.

Goals are fine, but it's Benyon's all-round game which will have come under the microscope from interested managers in recent months.

Supporters have quoted all sorts of imaginative figures, in discussions of Benyon's worth.

The reality is that United will first have to consider less than they would ideally like for him, and then try and crank it up.

Sell-on and performance clauses will certainly come into it.

And, since Benyon is still only 23, United always have the avenue of an independent tribunal to go down, if absolutely necessary.

If, as expected, Morecambe boss Sammy McIlroy turns defender Kieran Charnock's loan into a permanent transfer this month, United may well try and prise a small fee out of the Shrimps.

And there's always the possibility that someone might come in for a youngster like Eunan O'Kane or Mark Ellis.

One way or another, United's board will be relieved when the clock ticks past 5pm on January 31!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:17:32 »

At what time if no signings have been announced do we all hit the panic button?Huh?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:20:09 »

juddie

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:20:47 »

11pm. All transfers and paperwork are still done by fax and I remember on previous deadline days the ridiculous rush to get the paperwork done on time... on some occassions, transfers can actually go through after 11pm if the move has been logged with the FA.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:21:32 »

2:16pm Town are in the throes of negotiations at present but director Jeremy Wray has just told us he doesn't expect anything to be done imminently. Looks like it could go to the wire.

Just posted on the Adver site.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:23:09 »

Torquay's board will be relieved after 5.. What about the four hours after that until the window shuts?

Edit - make that six! Shuts at 11!
« Last Edit: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:30:34 by Tails » Logged
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:24:40 »

Exciting stuff.

Just in case its required, I'll leave this here:

[url width=300 height=300]http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/images/product_images/fun145_panic_button_300main.jpg[/url]
Barry Scott

« Reply #57 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:31:09 »

Torquay's board will be relieved after 5.. What about the four hours after that until the window shuts?

Maybe they just close the office and go home. I'm only saying that in a jokey sense, but what's to stop a team simply turning all forms of communication off until 11pm if they're desperate to keep hold of someone?
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:34:15 »

Like an adult version of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying 'lalalala I can't hear you'
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, January 31, 2011, 14:40:49 »

If a club does not want to sell then they just won't, short of knocking down their front door....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: