Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town VS Exeter City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33325 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 18:43:08 »

Havn't seen the highlights.....was the Amankwah goal offside...or was it a foul,was getting a coffee at the time.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:08:00 »

couldn't really tell from the camera angle-but no complaints from Town.What an horrendous miss by Dossevi though.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:14:33 »

Looked offside to me on second look. The wall did a good job for Harley's free kick, someone just managed to flick it off their head. Was behind Dossevi's header, he should have done a bit better, but to be fair the cross was slightly behind him, so harder than it looked.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:22:21 »

Was behind Dossevi's header, he should have done a bit better

So you are our surprise new signing,Sutton?2 1/2 year contract?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Doctor Bamber

« Reply #379 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:26:24 »

i dont think we need to make excuses for Dossevi for that header. He is a professional footballer, and the look on his face running back towards halfway after missing that told you he knew he wasted a golden chance to make himself a hero, and that he looked more of a twat than ever at that point.
He can read the reports as well that have him as "well below average" in all the Sundays
He probably drove away from the ground listening to BBC WIlts with everyone texting in saying what a cunt he is and how we need a "proper" striker.

I think he is just trying too hard at the moment. That comedy moment when he knew he was coming back from an offside position, but just couldnt stop himself jumping to intercept the through pass that MIGHT have put Ritchie away on goal, told you a lot - he is a man under pressure to perform, and is trying so hard to. with frankly piss poor results.

Feel a bit sorry for him at the moment, despite the silly hairband. Trying to get his own game on track whilst stepping into charlies shoes, with the "inconsistent" service he gets, cant be easy - especially when you are playing for your very existence
Panda Paws

« Reply #380 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:30:19 »

He isnt a striker
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:35:38 »

Looked offside to me on second look. The wall did a good job for Harley's free kick, someone just managed to flick it off their head. Was behind Dossevi's header, he should have done a bit better, but to be fair the cross was slightly behind him, so harder than it looked.

Was a good cross...he jumped too early and was landing when the ball got to him......also why oh why dosn't ant town player get to the front post when Obrien is about to cross....a lot of his crosses were low to the front post....running at the pace he does he wont get a lot of crosses airborn.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:37:38 »

So you are our surprise new signing,Sutton?2 1/2 year contract?

Um no. I wouldn't last half a minute.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:37:46 »

He isnt a striker

So we keep hearing, did you watch alot of him before he came to England?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:39:49 »

It's not surprising we didn't score yesterday, the entire starting 11 average 0.66 goals a game between them. Add on the 7 subs and you're up to 0.75 goals a game. Add on the rest of the squad and you're up to 0.96 goals a game.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:42:00 »

It's not surprising we didn't score yesterday, the entire starting 11 average 0.66 goals a game between them. Add on the 7 subs and you're up to 0.75 goals a game. Add on the rest of the squad and you're up to 0.96 goals a game.

Good statting statto.

On that front, Douglas could be on the goal line with nobody to beat and the bloody goal would collapse or he'd  be struck by lightening. The guy is cursed never to score a league goal.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:43:30 »

Good statting statto.

On that front, Douglas could be on the goal line with nobody to beat and the bloody goal would collapse or he'd  be struck by lightening. The guy is cursed never to score a league goal.

Wasn't he playing sweeper for most of yesterdays match.....played well i thought to be fair.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:44:35 »

Good statting statto.

On that front, Douglas could be on the goal line with nobody to beat and the bloody goal would collapse or he'd  be struck by lightening. The guy is cursed never to score a league goal.

I take it you mean for us? He's got 15 league goals to his name so far.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:46:03 »

Yeah played very well.

I'm not having a go at him personally, just his shit luck when shooting. Yesterday he hit a good shot that got deflected and even then it just hit the keepers hand, the keeper didn't know anything about it.

@Johnny, yes for us.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 20:02:00 »

on another day we would have scored 5. Dossevi really should have scored the header though. Keeper made some good saves to be fair to him.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: