Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town VS Exeter City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33293 times)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:11:37 »

I wish I could remember games like some of you seem to. I had a season ticket that year, and could only probably remember two results from the entire year.

Colin Todd managed so many of those signings which sounded awesome on paper but ended up being a bit shit. Marco Tuamela (or whatever) who'd played alongside Sami Hyypiä in the Finland squad. Former Danish-U21 Kim Heiselberg. Mark Robertson, that Australian midfielder I remember getting subbed off at half time in a league cup game (not sure why he sounded awesome, but I was youngish and impressionable at the time).

I'd include Antoine van der Linden in that list, but I actually remember him being pretty good.
think he also brought in danny invincibile and david duke that season aswell who i think was the only two to stay on for a few seasons.

oh and kim heiselberg played in the 4-1 lose to walsall aswell was subbed after 45mins never played again is now a pig farmer i hear
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:14:32 by carbonwhite » Logged
flammableBen

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:12:00 »

Mark Robertson wasn't it? sorry my punctuation was a bit off.

It was a confusing time with Mark Robinson somehow still in the side.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:15:16 »

there was another aussie with a fairly cool sounding name, maybe I'm just thinking of someone else.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:16:11 »

there was another aussie with a fairly cool sounding name, maybe I'm just thinking of someone else.
jamie mcmaster
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:19:17 »

ha ha, nope. Maybe I have gone fucking mental and dreamt up this whirlwind aussie fella who scored once and then evaporated.................... Me making this up is sounding increasingly more likely by the second.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:19:46 »

ha ha, nope. Maybe I have gone fucking mental and dreamt up this whirlwind aussie fella who scored once and then evaporated.................... Me making this up is sounding increasingly more likely by the second.
royce brownlie?
flammableBen

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:25:38 »

You thinking of Royce Brownlie from a few seasons back or a Colin Todd signing? Not sure Todd signed any other Australians but my memory is fucked.

Bed time for me. I've ran out of wine and it's so late that BBC Four has stopped airing awesome documentaries about guitars and is now just a screen with some squares telling me to tune in tomorrow.

I hope that all you tefizens are on good behaviour tomorrow or I'm waking up with my ban stick out. Wink
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:29:40 »

I am indeed thinking of Royce Brownlie. Who clearly wasn't of the same era at all and that's also probably my calling to fuck off to bed. Time to dream of this elusive Dougie strike
Dozno9

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 07:13:33 »

Dougie had a few goes against Tranmere but unfortunately they provided evidence of why he's yet to score.

4-1, why not.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 08:16:11 »

Yeah and the midfield dynamo that was Stefani Miglioranzi (now plying his trade with David Beckham!). Who was that aussie fella? Had him on trial and snapped him up for a game by game deal. Scored one piledriver into the top bracket and then disappearead off the face of the earth.
Last minute screamer against Franchise to make it 2-1.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 08:20:30 »

0-1

Can see us being up for it, can't see us hitting he backside of a cow wit a banjo.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 08:37:06 »

oh and kim heiselberg played in the 4-1 lose to walsall aswell was subbed after 45mins never played again is now a pig farmer i hear

Yes, he even has won the award for being Denmarks most innovative pig farmer - crazy isn't it! I wrote an article about him for the Swindon site I ran before the one I run now. The owners of that fan site pulled out, and that site is now defunct. I might just have that article on backup somewhere though.

Royce Brownlie scored a screamer against Barnet, I think. Scissor kick, wasn't it? Not as good as Grazioli's against QPR though - or as the maestro scissor kick from Rory Fallon in front of the Town End some years ago - wow!

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 08:46:06 »

Todays prediction:

Heart: 2-1 (Pericard 2) Line-up (4-4-1-1): Lucas - Amankwaah, Misun, Framton, Jean-Francois - Caddis, Ferry, Douglas, Ritchie - Dossevi - Pericard

Head: 0-2 Line-up (4-5-1): Smith - Amankwaah, Cuthbert, Frampton, Jean-Francois - JP McGovern, Michael Timlin, Jonathan Douglas, David Prutton, Matt Ritchie - Vincent Pericard

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 08:50:38 »

edit, miracle bit was worded wrong. Just that in our recent games - Tranmere, Rovers and Yeovil - it's seemed that it was our job to win it. With losing Charlie and our bad form leaving even the most hardened optomist having to accept that we're not only planted in a relegation fight, but we're setting down roots and in danger of growing bitter league two berries, it just seems like one of those games where it's the opposition who have to do the job.

Agree with this.  First game of the official relegation scrap, post-Austin phase of our season.  Players will be up for this...not least because I'm sure a few of them will be looking over their shoulders and wondering who will be coming in during the next 48 hours.

I don't do predictions.  But I'm hopeful.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 08:51:09 »

i'm sorry but even a very poor Rose/Sheehan at left back is better than LJF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: