Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town VS Exeter City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33487 times)
DUNSWORTHY

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 02:30:04 »

Thought as i have a spare few mins at work i would start this.
rather dementedly i have a sneaky feeling we will perform for a change

2-0 with goals coming from Ritchie and Amankwaah
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 02:41:28 »

I thought about starting one but then wasn't 100% sure what day it was so thought I'd leave it to somebody else.

Good work

I think this is one of those games that, maybe with the exception of a miracle, is really down to Exeter to come out and win it.

I suppose the pressure being off us a bit might work in our favour.

edit, miracle bit was worded wrong. Just that in our recent games - Tranmere, Rovers and Yeovil - it's seemed that it was our job to win it. With losing Charlie and our bad form leaving even the most hardened optomist having to accept that we're not only planted in a relegation fight, but we're setting down roots and in danger of growing bitter league two berries, it just seems like one of those games where it's the opposition who have to do the job.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 02:52:42 by flammableBen » Logged
DUNSWORTHY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 02:48:51 »

I suppose the pressure being off us a bit might work in our favour.

I fully agree, i hope for the first time this season we play as a fucking team!!!!
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 03:24:55 »

I'm of the same opinion although 3-0 for me. Goals scored by JP, Ritchie and a screamer by Dougie! Maybe I should go to bed, I must be delirious.
flammableBen

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 03:27:26 »

I'm of the same opinion although 3-0 for me. Goals scored by JP, Ritchie and a screamer by Dougie! Maybe I should go to bed, I must be delirious.

Bloody hell.

Do you have a history of crazy delusions or is this a first?

e: I'm just teasing. Dougie is well overdue a goal though.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 03:49:17 by flammableBen » Logged
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 03:49:56 »

Shamefully it's not a first................. I genuinely thought that when we signed Juan Cobian, he was going to be amazing.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 03:51:10 »

Actually thinking about it, maybe this is why I don't win many bets.
flammableBen

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 03:56:08 »

Now lets be fair to Juan, he did end up captaining quite a lot of reserve games.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 03:58:37 »

Now lets be fair to Juan, he did end up captaining quite a lot of reserve games.
only game i remember him starting was the 4-1 home defeat to walsall he was our best player in that game
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:02:27 »

he lead me down the same path that Vinnie has. You naturally expect that if he comes from a footballing super power like Bocca Juniors, he'll be the tits. Ahh well, the reserves need south american wannabe maradona's from time to time.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:02:53 »

2-1 win dossevi with both  Beers
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:04:56 »

Some players never seem to click though, there always seems to be a few that do ok but are always released. Recently I've thought Shefki Kuqi and Alan Lee have been like that. Ok they've not set the world alight but have never put in disgraceful performances.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:05:32 »

I'd settle for the 2-1 and would love to see Dossevi with a brace.
flammableBen

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:07:11 »

only game i remember him starting was the 4-1 home defeat to walsall he was our best player in that game

I wish I could remember games like some of you seem to. I had a season ticket that year, and could only probably remember two results from the entire year.

Colin Todd managed so many of those signings which sounded awesome on paper but ended up being a bit shit. Marco Tuamela (or whatever) who'd played alongside Sami Hyypiä in the Finland squad. Former Danish-U21 Kim Heiselberg. Mark Robertson, that Australian midfielder I remember getting subbed off at half time in a league cup game (not sure why he sounded awesome, but I was youngish and impressionable at the time).

I'd include Antoine van der Linden in that list, but I actually remember him being pretty good.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:09:23 by flammableBen » Logged
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 29, 2011, 04:10:03 »

Yeah and the midfield dynamo that was Stefani Miglioranzi (now plying his trade with David Beckham!). Who was that aussie fella? Had him on trial and snapped him up for a game by game deal. Scored one piledriver into the top bracket and then disappearead off the face of the earth.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: