Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: LJF  (Read 6842 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:51:13 »

That's not the point benny.The point is was he quality?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 10:55:40 »

whenever a goal is conceeded and jfl is in camera shot, he gets the blame.
i've not read 1 comment about the goal we let in against yeovil naming cuthbert at fault.he made 2 errors for that goal.

sheehans pass blasted at him vs rovers wasn't his fault either.where were the midfielders to collect the ball from sheehan? if they had offered an option then sheehan wouldn't have fucked up like he did.
collective mistakes cause the vast majority of goals any team conceeds.alot of fans don't see that and single out individuals....
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:00:26 »

That's not the point benny.The point is was he quality?
No better or worse than anyone really. Linked up with JP and caused them a couple of problems.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:00:38 »

i've not read 1 comment about the goal we let in against yeovil naming cuthbert at fault.he made 2 errors for that goal.

sheehans pass blasted at him vs rovers wasn't his fault either.where were the midfielders to collect the ball from sheehan? if they had offered an option then sheehan wouldn't have fucked up like he did.
collective mistakes cause the vast majority of goals any team conceeds.alot of fans don't see that and single out individuals....

Nowhere near his man for Rovers 3rd goal though, striker had a free header and Lescinel just watched him and did not challenge.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:01:52 »

that's the point arriba, they've all been poor - as a unit, individually - which is why i'm not upset at any of them going. freshen up, can't be any worse.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:12:11 »

Nowhere near his man for Rovers 3rd goal though, striker had a free header and Lescinel just watched him and did not challenge.

Don't think anyone disagrees with that, it was his man and he allowed him a free header.

But some people were blaming him for the other one which is just plain stupid. Smith probably shouldn't have given the ball to Sheehan who in turn should have done anything with the ball except what he did. No blame at all for LJF for that goal.

Unfortunately as Arriba said, if LJF is in shot he gets the blame and more often than not others are to blame or heavily involved. Plenty of times last season he got the blame for goals where he was out of position, when the only reason he was out of position was to cover for another defender that had gone on walkabout and the rest of the team (especially the midfield) didn't do their job to cover the gap he left behind.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:25:09 »

Don't think anyone disagrees with that, it was his man and he allowed him a free header.

But some people were blaming him for the other one which is just plain stupid. Smith probably shouldn't have given the ball to Sheehan who in turn should have done anything with the ball except what he did. No blame at all for LJF for that goal.

Unfortunately as Arriba said, if LJF is in shot he gets the blame and more often than not others are to blame or heavily involved. Plenty of times last season he got the blame for goals where he was out of position, when the only reason he was out of position was to cover for another defender that had gone on walkabout and the rest of the team (especially the midfield) didn't do their job to cover the gap he left behind.

Agreed the 2nd was Sheehans fault, I am more surprised this year by how many people think Sheehan is our strongest left back and want to see him playing more.  I think since coming back permanent this season he has been very poor, I would play Rose, Lescinel and Kennedy ahead of him currently.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:59:53 »

liability
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:32:56 »

I'd let him go as long as we have a decent enough replacement lined up, the defence needs an overhaul so letting him go is fine, isn't he out of contract end of season as well ?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #39 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:45:57 »

I think the midfield needs to shoulder as much of the blame as the defence for goals against this season.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 13:55:15 »

Would be disappointed to see him go. IMO he has improved in his time with us, he remains one of the few defenders with genuine pace and has shown he can play a decent ball out to feet as oppose to the general hoofing that has crept back in lately. I thought he and Manky looked decent as full backs V Transvestites the other night, as good as we've had for a while anyway.
Barry Scott

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 14:00:17 »

I think the midfield needs to shoulder as much of the blame as the defence for goals against this season.

Yep. I watched Arsenal the other night, yeah not great example I know, but it was stright after watching us, so provided great contrast. Their midfielders, all of them, would come back to meet the defence and pick up the ball. They'd provide lots of options for the defence and for their fellow midfielders once someone's picked it up. At any given time there was more than one player within 10 yards of the player on the ball making himself available.

There were times on Tuesday where our midfield was so far forward, our defence had not zero options beyond "The Heywood". It's like throw ins, my new pet hate, why do we always seem to get in a right two 'n eight over something so simple. No one wants the fucking ball at the moment. It most matches it looks like some of our players need to grow some bollocks.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 14:21:30 »

That is down to Wilson I believe Barry - I remember during the first quarter of the season we were playing too much football (unbelievable I know) in the wrong areas so Wilson changed it to percentage football i.e. get the ball in the opposition's last third and play from there rather than in our own half.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 14:22:28 »

Personally I think we've chopped and changed the back line because all combinations have been poor in Greer's absence. The midfield central pairing hasn't worked all season and Smith isn't as dominating behind. All of these things have contributed to a general disorganisation.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 14:30:13 »

What have Swansea been watching?!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: