Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Tranmere Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42245 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 21:49:24 »

i dont think fitton can risk us getting relegated.if results dont improve the league position will force his hand.
i hope wilson can sort us out.
i dont want to see him sacked.

Surely results would force his hand to sign a striker rather than to sack a good manager?

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 21:51:19 »

we've signed players.the wrong ones it seems.either that or they aint being managed properly
Spencer_White

« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 21:53:07 »

we've signed players.the wrong ones it seems.either that or they aint being managed properly

we've signed the wrong strikers since Austin, yes.

But they were both on a free. We need the board to pay for a bit of quality up front.

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 21:55:42 »

when austin fucks off we'll need 2 forwards.we've needed 1 all season
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:11:00 »

we've signed the wrong strikers since Austin, yes.

But they were both on a free. We need the board to pay for a bit of quality up front.
pericard should never had been offered a 1 n a half year contract, 6 months would have done and we would of been shot of him at the start of the season
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:13:02 »

pericard should never had been offered a 1 n a half year contract, 6 months would have done and we would of been shot of him at the start of the season

He was under contract at Carlisle, who offered him a new contract as he'd scored 4 in 8 or similar. They were genuinely gutted to lose him at the time...sadly the best thing we've got from him was that video some Carlisle fan made...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:14:01 »

At the time he was scoring some goals, was being offered a deal by Carlisle and we needed someone to provide cover in the run up to crunch time of a promotion push.  It didn't work out, he'll leave on a free eventually and we'll all get on with our lives.  Offering what we did was the right decision at that time, it looks wrong now, but so does the idea of invading Poland.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:17:00 »

He was under contract at Carlisle, who offered him a new contract as he'd scored 4 in 8 or similar. They were genuinely gutted to lose him at the time...sadly the best thing we've got from him was that video some Carlisle fan made...

Any excuse:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5988485/

Genius.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:18:53 »

"It's just the way these fuckers are"

"Smash that cunting magic roundabout into outer space"

This is the main reason I still like Pericard I think.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:20:30 by Nemo » Logged
Bodins left foot

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:19:10 »

Offering what we did was the right decision at that time, it looks wrong now, but so does the idea of invading Poland.

What was wrong was entering the new season believing that Pericard could replace Paynter.

Bahamas Dave
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:22:44 »

Quite a lot by the time we got there.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:23:08 »

I never tire of watching that
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:25:36 »

I never tire of watching that

And even when "Peri-Peri is gone", we'll still have this.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:27:56 »

It just about sums up how dire things are when there's a level of excitement about a 0-0 home draw with Tranmere.  yes, it may have been a slightly better performance than the last few games, but let's be honest Tranmere were fairly awful.  A better team would have walked away with 3 points at ease.

Not going to go over the match in any detail, as everything has been covered.  Nobody stood out as being awful last night, although there were some shocking passes at times.  The main issue lies with the fact that we don't seem capable of playing as a unit or having any real spark about us.

I honestly can't see where we go from here.  It appears that last night's result has given Wilson a stay of execution, but quite frankly at the moment the only place I can see him taking us is League 2.

It seems certain that Austin will be gone by Saturday and it's looking less and less likely we'll have somebody in to replace him, let alone the other 3 or 4 players we need.  Pericard has appareantly injured his knee, so that would leave us with Dossevi and Billy Bodin.  

We never do any better than a draw against Exeter, so assuming that happens it will give us 5 points out of the last 21.  How anybody can think that is remotely acceptable is beyond me? As you may have noticed I've slightly lost the will  Sad
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 22:42:48 »

It just about sums up how dire things are when there's a level of excitement about a 0-0 home draw with Tranmere.  yes, it may have been a slightly better performance than the last few games, but let's be honest Tranmere were fairly awful.  A better team would have walked away with 3 points at ease.

Not going to go over the match in any detail, as everything has been covered.  Nobody stood out as being awful last night, although there were some shocking passes at times.  The main issue lies with the fact that we don't seem capable of playing as a unit or having any real spark about us.

I honestly can't see where we go from here.  It appears that last night's result has given Wilson a stay of execution, but quite frankly at the moment the only place I can see him taking us is League 2.

It seems certain that Austin will be gone by Saturday and it's looking less and less likely we'll have somebody in to replace him, let alone the other 3 or 4 players we need.  Pericard has appareantly injured his knee, so that would leave us with Dossevi and Billy Bodin. 

We never do any better than a draw against Exeter, so assuming that happens it will give us 5 points out of the last 21.  How anybody can think that is remotely acceptable is beyond me? As you may have noticed I've slightly lost the will  Sad

We all have' to some degree.....just feel that its all best to wait untill the seasons end and go from there.

On another night Charlie would have scored four.....missed pen,hit the bar,one of the line and a couple of other half chances...bottom line is if the penalty had gone in we would be sitting two points better off and a little happier most probably.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: