Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -vs- yeovil Town Matchday thread  (Read 41183 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 21:17:32 »

I don't get why Wilson hasn't tried Prutton on the right, so Ferry and Douglas can play in the middle. He's played a fair chunk of his career on the right rather than the middle and with McGovern off form at the moment it would be a logical move. Or playing Prutton behind Austin in a 4-4-1-1, as he's decent going forward.

This is one of the many things about Wilson that pisses me off. Obvious tactical and positional options available that he doesn't try yet still throws his hand up in the air saying he doesn't know what to try next to fix things.

I've said this about Prutton before, if you play him on the right which he seemed to do well at Southampton under Strachan then Ferry and Douglas in the middle maybe as a pairing would work a bit better. Prutton on the flanks could also come inside and wonder in unmarked from that position.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 21:49:28 »

Yeovil harried - we didn't
Yeovil got stuck in - we didn't
Yeovil scored - we didn't

There was the odd five minutes or so that we looked very good, but that was it.

The team just don't look connected, nobody seems to know where the next man is and the amount of balls knocked forward that were at least 20 yards from the nearest Town player really frustrated me. Just hope we avoid the drop  Sad

** Also saw some youngster wearing a Reading beanie  Huh?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #482 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 22:02:09 »

** Also saw some youngster wearing a Reading beanie  Huh?

Morrison? 
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 09:12:16 »

Wasn't Ferry injured yesterday, or just back from injury?  This is exactly what Wilson is up against.  We've had some good results this season - the performance against Charlton was epic.  Amankwaah was last seasons scapegoat, this season he's our saviour??  I agree that Caddis, Prutton, Rose and co. have been very average, but I suspect its more of a confidence issue.  I was a bit unsure about the Rose signing, and for me Sheehan should be first choice, but Wilson has his reasons for team selection.  He was berated on here for the Charlton line-up, which goes to show what experts we all are.  I'm not saying I'm a guru either - I have to confess to being close to despair before the game.

Sacking Wilson could throw us into a cycle of doom, see us back in League Two and languishing in mid-table.  Wilson will save us from relegation - I'm confident of a win next week at Rovers after their thrashing at Carlisle.  The fact six months in football meriting a sacking and not being considered knee-jerk is precisely the problem the sport has as a whole.  Who honestly is going to come in and turn this season round with the same squad.  If a new manager was appointed today I'm doubtful he'd have time to make any meaningful signings.  Why is Gary Johnson being banded around so readily?  He achieved where Wilson failed admittedly, but, and I'm loath to say it, the size and stature of the respective clubs isn't comparable.

The alternative may be somewhat disappointing.  We've had a series of poor or disloyal managers - give Wilson time and let him build a dynasty.

That said, we never should have sacked Andy King!   Cheesy

(Just kidding, he was a cunt of sensational proportions).
Panda Paws

« Reply #484 on: Monday, January 17, 2011, 09:32:46 »

Harsh on Johnson. Some would argue his greatest achievement wasn't at City, but taking Yeovil from Non-league to League 1
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: