Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -vs- yeovil Town Matchday thread  (Read 40866 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:46:39 »

I think he's a winger.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:47:24 »

Caddis was woefull yesterday....it would suprise me to see him start v Rovers.
The club should come down hard on Rose...the sendings off this season have cost us...in the league and cup......stupid childish challenges them all.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:49:28 »

yeah, looked a clear stamp to me (on TV). Fine him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:51:31 »

he stamped on a tv?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:51:39 »

I heard Kev has been fit for a little while now.

He has.  My dad sees him regularly in Nuffield gym and chats to him.  He told him a month or so ago that he was fit, but just not getting picked.  Last week he mentioned that he was hoping someone would come in to take him on loan because he's having a miserable time at present and doesn't see a future under Wilson.  Bloody shame imo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 15:52:36 »

he stamped on a tv?

Yes. There is no place on the pitch for she-males
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 16:17:14 »

He has.  My dad sees him regularly in Nuffield gym and chats to him.  He told him a month or so ago that he was fit, but just not getting picked.  Last week he mentioned that he was hoping someone would come in to take him on loan because he's having a miserable time at present and doesn't see a future under Wilson.  Bloody shame imo.

Yeah, on song he's pretty lethal going forward. Caddis just doesn't link up in the same way - although I feel he's better at attacking with the ball at his feet. Where as Kev overlaps more effectively imo.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 16:27:10 »

There's no doubt in my opinion that he's lost the dressing room and he's losing the fans.

Fitton will probably back him but the other board members could force his hand.

If Fitton's hand is forced and DW is fired against his will, would that on top of the Diamandis case going against the club push our chairman over the edge as well?

Be careful what you wish for.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 16:59:06 »

Will be a real shame if Amankwaah leaves - he was superb last season. Hasn't had much of a chance this season but shown glimpses of quality such as against Huddersfield at home, was brilliant in that match.

Easily our best right back, and who does that leave us with? Caddis and Thompson, who seems to have disappeared since the 0-3 Charlton defeat. That leaves Cuthbert as the only other option there, and he hasn't impressed in that position. Cuthbert playing right back would leave us short in centre half unless Wilson does what he should have done in the summer and signs some one.

Caddis is decent going forward but his problem remains that he isn't strong enough defensively. My opinion remains that Celtic shafted us with him.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 18:14:20 »

Kevin Amankwaah is one of several players that Swindon currently have that fans are desperate to see in the team when he's not playing but becomes a bit of a scapegoat when he is in the side.

He's frustratingly inconsistant at times, a bit of a confidence player I would guess.
santasdead

« Reply #475 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 18:57:30 »

He's frustratingly inconsistant at times, a bit of a confidence player I would guess.

Could probably do with inconsistant though, compared to consistantly crap.

By all accounts McGovern has been the best part of rubbish this season (and he was woeful yesterday), I can't see the risk in having Amankwaah on the right side of midfield and Caddis RB, or vice versa. Both are pretty good going forward. Seeing that we use Ritchie/Rose for free kicks/corners thesedays I don't see a problem with swapping McGovern for somebody else - even if it is just used to get McGovern to realise he needs to start playing again. We don't have another RM so McGovern's place in the side isn't under threat.*

*Until Wilson signs somebody tomorrow.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:01:47 »

RICH IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things get better but they never get good
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:02:32 »

Or even playing Rose/Sheehan on the left of midfield - Ritchie has looked excellent when he's played on the right.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:04:26 »

RICH IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sssshhhh Wink
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Sunday, January 16, 2011, 19:17:33 »

Yep....Ferry should have been on instead of Timlin without a doubt.

I don't get why Wilson hasn't tried Prutton on the right, so Ferry and Douglas can play in the middle. He's played a fair chunk of his career on the right rather than the middle and with McGovern off form at the moment it would be a logical move. Or playing Prutton behind Austin in a 4-4-1-1, as he's decent going forward.

This is one of the many things about Wilson that pisses me off. Obvious tactical and positional options available that he doesn't try yet still throws his hand up in the air saying he doesn't know what to try next to fix things.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: