Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glastonbury.  (Read 16978 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 08:16:33 »

I didn't watch much of their set, but I'm not sure covering Coldplay was a great way to get the crowd going...
Dazzza

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 08:55:16 »

Glad I wasn’t the only one. 

I must confess I did like U2 back in the day and thought last night they could have really turned it on and created something special.  There were a couple of moment but it did appear a tad flat.

Primal Scream on the Other Stage on the other hand looked fucking immense.  They only played two songs on the highlights but both were from Screamadelica and looking fresh as they were all those years ago. 

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 10:28:17 »

Im an ex U2 fan as well.  Quite enjoyed some of the set but then he had to go and do that silly link up (well recording of a link up) with some one on the international space centre and I just thought 'oh god , sorry oh bono, why do you do it.  Aren't we great linking the world together man'  Just pay your fucking taxes stop twatting around like your some sort of messiah and we might take you a bit more seriously.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 10:30:53 »

Avoided U2 like the plague.
Watched Biffy, The Vaccines, and Mumford and Sons and enjoyed them all.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 10:35:21 »

Im an ex U2 fan as well.  Quite enjoyed some of the set but then he had to go and do that silly link up (well recording of a link up) with some one on the international space centre and I just thought 'oh god , sorry oh bono, why do you do it.  Aren't we great linking the world together man'  Just pay your fucking taxes stop twatting around like your some sort of messiah and we might take you a bit more seriously.

I agree with this pretty much. They do have some great classic songs which i thought they did a good job with. They should have just stuck with them and it would have been great.

I really liked mumford and sons. Would like to go and see them live
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 10:38:24 »

Always hated U2 and last night changes nothing.Try to like the Mumfords but they are just dull as dishwater,I just dont get what the fuss is all about.Thats about all ive seen of it.

Best thing is having Adam and Joe on the radio 3 mornings in a row and this mornings live Taffin shouting

/
W56196272
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 10:43:23 »

I loathe Mumford & Sons... Old boss at HMV used to play Sigh No More all day. It drove me insane.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 10:45:27 »

I liked mumford and sons before they were popular

Things get better but they never get good
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 11:11:35 »

Yesterday was all about Morrissey, superb set.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 11:37:23 »

I liked mumford and sons before they were popular
So you don't any more?

What a pile of wank.

So it turns out it's really easy to get into Glasto without a ticket.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 11:40:08 »

U2 were shite... I'm not a fan, but I really thought they'd be annoyingly decent. I needn't have worried...

They were very disappointing, a fact not missed by those actually watching live at Glastonbury judging by all my friend's that have gone facebook pages this morning!

Personally I'd have gone to watch Chase & Status who I think were playing at the same time and were superb by all accounts.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 11:52:46 »

I liked Chase and Status before they were popular.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 13:16:39 »

I like b3nny before he was popular.

Things get better but they never get good
Barry Scott

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 13:45:19 »

I'm glad U2 were shite because there's few people on this planet I hate as much as Paul Hewson. (Thanks Wiki.)

Don't appeal to me much either

The same. Went about 10 years ago, left after 3 hours.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, June 25, 2011, 15:15:46 »

I went in the 90s the three years before they put up the fence I think.It was ace fun,what would worry me about going now is after drinking lots of booze the time between my brain telling me I need a poo and that poo being desperate has become somewhat shorter than it was than when I was in my 20s...to much info?

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: