Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Survey: The Separation of Art from Artsist & The Perspective Elements that...  (Read 1918 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 21:41:50 »

I think the initial "artistic talent" might come into question regardless of his sexual persuasions. But again, "art" is certainly always up for interpretation.

My mum loved the Bay City Rollers but they have/had a very sketchy background. Shang-a-lang indeed!

Mr Gadd influenced a number of subsequent artists (eg Oasis) so it appears many found value in his work.  Of course, they may have sought to distance themselves from him later.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 21:46:40 »

It seems that everyone wants to get in on the podcast game at the moment.  I might give it a go a some stage. 

In fairness, I've been working on this for a good while, just never had time to get round to it or found anyone that fancied producing it alongside. This will be focused mainly around performing artists and actors etc. but we feel there is enough content and discussion to open that to wider public interest, especially with a fairly open question leading question. Not expecting anything to go big, just a way of focussing some creative time whilst people can't get to events, auditions and whatnot.

In time we'll have guests "in" or "on" and it will still be relatively niche but we can't do anything properly with covid restrictions and we want to be able to record things properly, as the guy I'm producing with has access to a decent studio setup in nodnoL. All that being said, it's only (yet another) side project to explore but all good fun and interesting nonetheless.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 21:51:50 »

In fairness, I've been working on this for a good while, just never had time to get round to it or found anyone that fancied producing it alongside. This will be focused mainly around performing artists and actors etc. but we feel there is enough content and discussion to open that to wider public interest, especially with a fairly open question leading question. Not expecting anything to go big, just a way of focussing some creative time whilst people can't get to events, auditions and whatnot.

In time we'll have guests "in" or "on" and it will still be relatively niche but we can't do anything properly with covid restrictions and we want to be able to record things properly, as the guy I'm producing with has access to a decent studio setup in nodnoL. All that being said, it's only (yet another) side project to explore but all good fun and interesting nonetheless.

I am sure that the TEF will give it their full support.

Nothing to see here
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, January 31, 2021, 22:16:25 »

Mr Gadd influenced a number of subsequent artists (eg Oasis) so it appears many found value in his work.  Of course, they may have sought to distance themselves from him later.

Similarly with Jimmy Sa Vile. He was incredibly influential within the BBC. This is why I referenced Woody Allen; many have got Oscars via being in his pictures but many have certainly distanced themselves from the artist.

I am sure that the TEF will give it their full support.

In honesty, we have no expectations of full support from anyone but any participation is welcomed and so long as we're not just two guys discussing different topics and there is opinion intimated by at least one other person then that will be fine by us Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 1, 2021, 01:07:29 »

It's not a complete stretch to equate a footballer with an artist.

So how do their lives impact on how we judge their football?

Nile Ranger?  Unreliable in training but surprisingly focused and controlled on the field.

Luke McCormick?  A model professional, sound.

Lee Hughes?  A c*** on and off the field.  Difficult to see him as the accomplished striker he was (unless a fan of his club)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: