Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers  (Read 16720 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #60 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 12:58:54 »

In very sad, superfan mode, has anyone else been to every Bristol Rovers v Swindon game at the Memorial?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 13:04:17 »

In very sad, superfan mode, has anyone else been to every Bristol Rovers v Swindon game at the Memorial?

I have never been to a Rovers v Town game. Does that make me ultra cool but a shit supporter?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Spencer_White

« Reply #62 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 13:08:37 »

I have never been to a Rovers v Town game. Does that make me ultra cool but a shit supporter?

Yes. Ice cool.

Theres one game I cant believe I went to, which is the friendly in 2004.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #63 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 13:13:12 »

I've seen Town play away to Rovers at Eastville, Twerton, Ashton Gate and the Memorial Ground. I think that makes me quite sad.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #64 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 13:15:41 »

I've seen Town play away to Rovers at Eastville, Twerton, Ashton Gate and the Memorial Ground. I think that makes me quite sad.

Me too, can I join you in your sadness?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #65 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 13:19:12 »

Me too, can I join you in your sadness?
Please feel free to. I think we may well be showing our age haven seen Town at Eastville.
Spencer_White

« Reply #66 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 13:24:13 »

Fair play they have lived up to their name. Like pikeys tarmacking drives from Town to Town.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #67 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 13:28:08 »

Please feel free to. I think we may well be showing our age haven seen Town at Eastville.

That place was a shit hole with one of the worst views in league football from behind the speedway track.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 18:10:46 »

Haven't been to the Memorial Shed, but have watched us play them at all the others.

And yes, Eastville was a shit place to watch football, a bit like the old stamford bridge when you were half a mile from the pitch
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 18:40:39 »

Remember years back winning 4-1 at Eastville...remember being shite scared though happy.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:00:54 »

One of my strangest away days was standing in one of their stands with a Rovers supporting friend at Twerton for an evening game in the early 1990s when we won 4-3.  (The back pass rule had just been brought in and players were still getting used to it; I remember one of their goals resulted from a short range free kick after Digby handled.)  Very envious of the rest of our fans at the end because I had to zip it while they were going mental.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #71 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:21:32 »

Remember years back winning 4-1 at Eastville...remember being shite scared though happy.
We had shitloads there that game. The main problem wasn't with Rovers but the ethnics who lived nearby. We went top after that game and Terry Cooper got sacked. We then went to Walsall on the Tueaday and lost 5-0 and got relegated that season.
Ardiles - I was also in the Rovers end for that game - as were quite a lot of Town. We always had a lot of Town in the Rovers ends at Twerton.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:33:56 »

That place was a shit hole with one of the worst views in league football from behind the speedway track.

My first trip to Eastville was in 66...we got beat 3-0, I suspect undone by Alfie Biggs and Harold Jarman.  Back then they used to have attractive flower beds between the goals and the speedway track.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:36:24 »

Did Jarman play for the Town in a few matches?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Sunday, January 30, 2011, 19:44:41 »

Did Jarman play for the Town in a few matches?

No you're probably thinking of Bobby Jones.....Harold Jarman was one of those reasonably common at the time who played county cricket in the summer....he turned out for Gloucestershire.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: