Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iTunes 10  (Read 3076 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 16:03:03 »

When I use the arrows at the top/bottom of the scroll bar it only changes the couple of tracks at the top/bottom of the display, the rest remain, making it impossible to browse. Anyone having the same problem? Solutions? Could I try downloading an older version of it?

I'd switch to another player thing but I have an iPhone so am in need of iTunes.

To be exact its iTunes 10.1.1 I'm using, on a brand new HP G62 laptop. No other software has any problems, so it is iTunes.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 16:04:44 by oxford_fan » Logged
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 18:50:37 »

Grah! iTunes 9 is less shit but is doing the same thing with the scrolling.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 19:20:21 »

I hate iTunes with a vengeance. Friggin nagware
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 16:32:29 »

Oops, I put this thread in the Lounge when it should have been in the computer bit.

Found a solution though, it seems to be a conflict between iTunes and Windows 7:

The problem is itunes isnt compatible with the new windows "Aero" themes. Here's how you fix that, right click on the itunes icon on your desktop, select "troubleshoot compatibility", the select "try recommended settings". When itunes opens, your pc will switch to a windows "basic" theme. Your pc will go back to your original theme when you close itunes.

EDIT: copied and pasted this solution that I found. It works, and my PC doesn't even change the theme or do anything funny when I use iTunes, which is nice.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 17:10:19 by oxford_fan » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 16:53:33 »

Moved OF.

I treated myself to an iPod just before xmas and it's all so alien to me that I'm bound to hate it. Why can't you just plug an iPod in and drag some music across? I also hate the way it just seems to create one massive library, mainly of stuff I haven't asked it to so it's like one long impossible to navigate list of tunes, which then it wants to sync to my iPod. It's so cunty.

For those who like iTunes please note most of my problems are likely me, so defending iTunes isn't required. Smiley
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 16:58:14 »

Does anyone like iTunes?
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 17:08:47 »

I treated myself to an iPod just before xmas and it's all so alien to me that I'm bound to hate it. Why can't you just plug an iPod in and drag some music across? I also hate the way it just seems to create one massive library, mainly of stuff I haven't asked it to so it's like one long impossible to navigate list of tunes, which then it wants to sync to my iPod. It's so cunty.

Barry, I think you need to turn on the 'Manually manage videos and music' option (or some phrase similar to that), which should be displayed in iTunes when your iPod is plugged in and you click on your iPod on the menu down the left.

If you check that option then you can drag and drop as you mention.

I've never let iTunes sync with any of the devices I use with it, because my library is far greater than the storage on the devices, and also I don't want all of my library on there anyway.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 17:11:28 by oxford_fan » Logged
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 17:26:18 »

I don't mind iTunes, though I don't really have a great deal of expectation when playing music. It plays things, and the artist and album view columns are good for browsing. That is about all I need. It has never caused me any problems except for this recent thing, and that is fixed now.

When I last tried to use Windows Media Player for the same thing the Library bit was crap. As far as I know if you want a program to manage an Apple product like the iPhone and play stuff too, you can only use iTunes. Could well be wrong though.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 18:40:11 »

the creative software is far far better than itunes
that is all

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 20:30:39 »

Not wanting to get tied into ITunes to sync my wife's Ipod, I bought Dopisp http://www.mgtek.com/dopisp/, a little plugin that allows me to sync it and drag-and-drop with Windows Media Player like any other player.
Neat solution, and not too expensive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: