Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dalgleish in till end of season  (Read 8835 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 17:10:42 »

I think the hatred of Liverpool is more towards their twatty fans than actual hatred of Liverpool FC.

It's 100% my reason for disliking them and hoping for their relegation...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 17:17:42 »

So I take it I'm not the only one who thinks Dalglish is hideously overrated as a manager then?

He may have been out of the game for some time, but his record when he was in it stands up. He began managing in England in 1985 and last did so in 1998. You can chuck promotion with Blackburn in 1991 in with this lot too if you like, but either way it's a fuck sight more than Hodgson has ever done.

First Division/Premier League
Champions: 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995
Runners-Up: 1987, 1989, 1994, 1997

FA Cup
Winners: 1986, 1989
Runners-Up: 1988, 1998
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 17:26:09 »

I think the hatred of Liverpool is more towards their twatty fans than actual hatred of Liverpool FC.

35,000 v Bolton on NYD.....not many more than the likes of Leicester and Derby, who've struggled for years, not just a couple of months.
Spencer_White

« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 18:09:17 »

35,000 v Bolton on NYD.....not many more than the likes of Leicester and Derby, who've struggled for years, not just a couple of months.

Theyve got loads of southern fans who are very very fickle. They are far more dependent on the southern fans to fill the ground than any of the other big North West teams.

Liverpool have always had trouble selling out the less attractive mid week fixtures.
santasdead

« Reply #64 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 18:19:59 »

Theyve got loads of southern fans who are very very fickle. They are far more dependent on the southern fans to fill the ground than any of the other big North West teams.

It's not just the southern fans, the majority of fans from Liverpool are fickle as well. I know plenty of scousers who don't go just because Liverpool havn't been performing. Most wanted Rafa out and Hodgson in a long time before it happened, but as soon as it happened and Hodgson was, well, shit they wanted Rafa back.

I don't think they are more dependent on southern fans compared to other NW teams though - especially united - but they do rely heavily on groups coming from Ireland and Scandinavia for the weekend games.
Spencer_White

« Reply #65 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 18:28:52 »

I don't think they are more dependent on southern fans compared to other NW teams though - especially united - but they do rely heavily on groups coming from Ireland and Scandinavia for the weekend games.

United sell out fixtures mid week, even pretty unnatractive ones. And remember a sell out at Old Trafford is nearly 30,000 more than a sell out at Anfield.

They got 73,000 at home against Bursaspor this season. Liverpool's attendance against Napoli was a bit of an embaressment for English football, Napoli brought a massive following, had massive groups in the home end, and it still wasnt a sell out.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 10, 2011, 18:35:00 by Spencer_White » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 18:47:43 »

There was an interesting survey a few years back about the support in the Premier League. One of the points that came out in the article was the percentage of fans (season ticket holders I think) that lived more than 20 miles from the stadium. 

Surprisingly this number was higher for Liverpool, than it was for Man Utd.

I'm guessing it's partly due to the high number of Man Utd fans who have never been anywhere near Old Trafford
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 21:56:04 »

King Kenny has made a difference....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 21:57:54 »

Wonder what kind of odds you'd have got in August on Blackpool doing the double over Liverpool this season?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 21:58:31 »

Or Blackpool claiming a Europa league spot? They're 7 behind Chelsea with a game in hand *snigger*.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 22:00:01 »

King Kenny has made a difference....

Dalglish out...

I'd laugh if Everton also beat them this weekend !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Lumps

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 22:09:10 »

Wel, as Liverpool's season seems to be over I guess he can fuck off home...
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:10:26 »

Bring back Shankly
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 11:38:48 »

Surely a better long term manager for Liverpool would have been Martin O Neil I think 'King' Kenny has been out of the game too long and is too long in the tooth
land_of_bo

« Reply #74 on: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 17:20:16 »

King Kenny is perfect. With any luck he'll finish the job Woy started and take the fucking bin dippes down.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: