Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dalgleish in till end of season  (Read 8837 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 12:13:54 »

Or maybe back to Fulham.....Hughes is under pressure.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 12:14:19 »

Or maybe back to Fulham.....Hughes is under pressure.

They've had a few decent results of late though.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 12:14:42 »

I feel an english football is fucked rant coming on

I'm going out for a walk down roves farm oooh arrrr
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 12:24:15 »

I worry it will be a bit like when Keegan came back (no not all the stuff about quiting every two minutes) having been out of the game ie presenting a transfer list of incredibly obvious superstars and players who were good last time he was in charge.

To make a serious point he is going to have to rely on his coaches and scouts so much that really those appointments will be as significant as a new manager anyway.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:03:55 »

It's not a popular belief with Liverpool fans, but their demise from the best team in England can be traced back to Kenny Dalglish.

He took over the best team in the country, but didn't continue what Liverpool were always good at and replace players before they reached their sell by date. His team got old together & once he spotted that he walked.

People will point to a successful time at Blackburn, but remember they spent big (for the time), and he had a very good coach with him.

I thought I was the only one in world who thought that.  Thank you Posh, I am not alone.  Also, Souness did try to get good young players in.  Liverpool fans aren't too keen on hearing that either.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:28:46 »

So I take it I'm not the only one who thinks Dalglish is hideously overrated as a manager then?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:31:52 »

So I take it I'm not the only one who thinks Dalglish is hideously overrated as a manager then?

Nope. Too Cool

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:35:43 »

Nope. Too Cool

+1
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:37:56 »

+1

+1
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:44:10 »

I can't stand Dalglish - cheating Jock wanker.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:49:19 »

The Blackburn Rovers era was purely financial. Anyone argues against that is crazy because they wouldn't have attracted Dalglish there in the first place otherwise.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 14:54:50 »

It's not a popular belief with Liverpool fans, but their demise from the best team in England can be traced back to Kenny Dalglish.

He took over the best team in the country, but didn't continue what Liverpool were always good at and replace players before they reached their sell by date. His team got old together & once he spotted that he walked.

People will point to a successful time at Blackburn, but remember they spent big (for the time), and he had a very good coach with him.

He will have the fans on his side, but will be interesting to see IF he can improve them.

At least they weren't mad enough to go back to Rafa (It's not my fault it's his fault) Benetez Cheesy

Would agree with much of that apart for the reason for walking; he cited health and personal reasons. A substantial part of his autobiography lays out the emotional toll that Hillsborough subsequently had on him and his family. It was this that led him to quit, understandably.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 15:16:02 »

Nope. Too Cool

I'll like to join the consensus.

Dalglish's last job was at Celtic was the 'dream team' with John Barnes...and we all know what happened there!!!

All I know is that Man U fans will be pissing themselves with laughing.

Of course Rafa Benitez is available....considering just about all the players there were his signings anyway.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 15:55:39 »

He will have the fans on his side, but will be interesting to see IF he can improve them.

At least they weren't mad enough to go back to Rafa (It's not my fault it's his fault) Benetez Cheesy

Souness and the spice boys were the undoing of Liverpool.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 16:15:54 »

I think Ruddock was the cause of the Liverpool decline as he was of ours.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: