Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Search.  (Read 5574 times)
flammableBen

« on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 01:40:11 »

Not sure it's a coincidence, but if I use it completely fucks the forum for me for about 15mins. I imagine with 6(?) years of crap posts it must be pretty expensive in sql queries?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 01:42:53 »

So that's why the TEF has been down. You cunt.
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 01:43:52 »

I think I've done it before too. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted.

Barry Scott

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 01:59:37 »

I think it's just a coincidence, because I rebooted a short time ago. For the record I optimised the tables a few weeks back and dropped over 1.5GB of junk, as well as sorted some errors, so it's all pretty svelte at the moment.
flammableBen

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 02:04:31 »

yeah thought so. Search is slow for me though. Not that I use it for very often. And once I've done one it doesn't seem to reconnect to the site again for 5mins or so. Just tried it again.

It's probably just my terrible internet connection, but everything else is ok.

Oh and 1.5gb of DV's old posts I hope.
Barry Scott

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 02:05:44 »

Although saying that it just disappeared, no doubt where people searched to check! Cheesy

Could just be that I'm Torrenting it up for the first time in ages. 4GB of Rave tapes and 50MB of Lee Child/Jack Reacher books for the record. Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 02:08:53 »

I'm going to do one more search as an experiment.

Worked fine. Move along. Nothing to see here.
Barry Scott

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 02:12:15 »

Yeah, I optimised DV's posts by searching for posts that matched other posts of his. It found that all of his posts have at least 31 exact copies in the same or other threads.

I also wrote a little script for DV where in the quick reply box he has a drop down list of his top 10 replies to save him typing out something he might have only said 15 times or so. Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 02:14:19 »

Yeah, I optimised DV's posts by searching for posts that matched other posts of his. It found that all of his posts have at least 31 exact copies in the same or other threads.

I also wrote a little script for DV where in the quick reply box he has a drop down list of his top 10 replies to save him typing out something he might have only said 15 times or so. Cheesy

It would have been quicker to ban him.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 02:23:39 »

Fantastic, so no typing and I still get to be right all the time.

That will make posting quicker, so I can probably at least triple my postivity, which I am sure you will all enjoy.

I bet if you searched for the most talked about subject on the TEF it would be me.
flammableBen

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 02:26:15 »

Nah. It's Steve Lomas.

DMR

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 03:12:00 »

Fantastic, so no typing and I still get to be right all the time.

That will make posting quicker, so I can probably at least triple my postivity, which I am sure you will all enjoy.

I bet if you searched for the most talked about subject on the TEF it would be me.

Ban please, the only Dave entitled to such self assurance is me cos I'm the boy.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 08:56:26 »

TEF's been slow in general for me lately. Seems worse later at night for some reason.
Barry Scott

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 09:25:14 »

TEF's been slow in general for me lately. Seems worse later at night for some reason.

I don't use it much late at night, but I'll check because it did seem horribly slow last night and I'm not sure why. I plan to move the dns away soon, so I'll check it once that's been done to rule that out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: