Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January transfer window thread  (Read 129346 times)
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:11:45 »

I do wonder if Ridehalgh going back to Huddersfield had anything to do with us not agreeing to swap him with Leon Clarke.

It could be that that they gave PDC an ultimatum that we let Clarke go there or they take Liam back.

Interesting. Hadn't thought of that but it is a possibility.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:20:11 »

Crazy seling Benyon to a promotion rival?! Timlin and now Benyon, i know we werent playing them but surely to a different club that we arent competing with Huh?

No, we've just weakened a promotion rival  Cheesy

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:26:30 »

No, we've just weakened a promotion rival  Cheesy

2 fold

I come from a land down-under
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:27:38 »

Fuck me.

I take the dog out for a nice long walk and in the meantime we ship out Benyon and Clarke and get Benson in.

I am feeling a lot of man-love for Jeremy Wray and Nick Watkins right now - this is not like Swindon at all. It will be good to improve the team at the start of January to keep the momentum going, rsther than our normal wait until the last day.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:50:13 by wiggy » Logged

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:28:15 »

Hahahaha, he looks chuffed to fuck he's signing for Southend in this picture:

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2561001,00.html
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:41:31 »

I've never understood the love for Michael Timlin, he's always flattered to deceive for Town and Southend are welcome to him. Mediocre player if ever there was one.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #441 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:48:53 »

Wes and Benson in - Benyon, Timlin and Clarke out. how the fuck can anyone moan about that. Timlin and Benyon going to Southend is not a problem - both are shite and if we go up would be no fucking use to us at all. Clarke is a different matter but if he isn't going to play then we've got rid of him and his wages and got Benson in - good business.
Thats a cracking end to a year that started so shittily. Roll on next year - I'm looking forward to it. No doubt a lot more dross will be going.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 12:59:32 »

Haha he didnt want to play in league 2, so signs for

A team in league 2

Midget shit cunt
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 13:16:14 »

Hahahaha, he looks chuffed to fuck he's signing for Southend in this picture:

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~2561001,00.html

to be fair if I had to go and live in Southend, I'd probably be poking myself in the eye with the pen after signing the contract

I come from a land down-under
DRS

« Reply #444 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 13:19:13 »

I reckon the Ridenhalgh situation could be down to wages to be honest.  A while back Wray said we were close to the 55% cap so maybe with that in mind we have to be careful what players we are bringing in
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 13:31:40 »

Wes and Benson in - Benyon, Timlin and Clarke out. how the fuck can anyone moan about that. Timlin and Benyon going to Southend is not a problem - both are shite and if we go up would be no fucking use to us at all. Clarke is a different matter but if he isn't going to play then we've got rid of him and his wages and got Benson in - good business.
Thats a cracking end to a year that started so shittily. Roll on next year - I'm looking forward to it. No doubt a lot more dross will be going.
Agreed. If you (the club) don't think that Timlin and Benyon are not good enough, you should not have a problem with shipping them out to promotion rival. You stand by your judgement and that is what the club have done.

As I think has been mentioned elsewhere, I love the fact that various deals are bubbling under, just waiting for that window to 'swing open', as opposed to the last two or three years when things have only happened at the last minute.

I could be totally mis-reading things but I get the feeling that Jeremy Wray is very much a 'go for the jugular' type whereas Andrew Fitton was far more conservative in his approach. I am loving JW's work so far  Cool
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 13:32:13 »

Timlin, Benyon and Clarke would have been on decent wages i'd imagine. Good to them all of our books although i'm sure Wes and Benson will be on a decent whack for us.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 13:43:47 »

Is Wray still "Intrim" chairman?

Can we get rid of the word intrim yet?

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 13:45:58 »

Is Wray still "Intrim" chairman?

Can we get rid of the word intrim yet?

[nev]interim, it's interim[/nev] and no, we can't get rid of it until the next AGM (or something like that).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Friday, December 30, 2011, 13:46:09 »

Agreed. If you (the club) don't think that Timlin and Benyon are not good enough, you should not have a problem with shipping them out to promotion rival. You stand by your judgement and that is what the club have done.

As I think has been mentioned elsewhere, I love the fact that various deals are bubbling under, just waiting for that window to 'swing open', as opposed to the last two or three years when things have only happened at the last minute.

I could be totally mis-reading things but I get the feeling that Jeremy Wray is very much a 'go for the jugular' type whereas Andrew Fitton was far more conservative in his approach. I am loving JW's work so far  Cool

Fitton did alot of good for this club and of course we will always remember him fondly for that.

However, when it comes to on the pitch matters Wray is completely and utterly showing him up.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: