Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 61   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January transfer window thread  (Read 130156 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 21:44:34 »

A fair enough request and one I would have asked myself. Thanks Batch for providing more than I ever knew. I was mainly just going on his general demeanour and attitude when we've come up against him. Maybe a tad unfair or maybe not.

Can't help thinking there must be something wrong for him to end up at Barnet when he used to be so highly rated.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 22:44:47 »

Totally agree Tans.  He hasn't exactly come out and declared his future to Swindon to stop the rumours, I'll be surprised if he's still here in a week or so.  I just hope the Board hold out for as much as they can and Di Canio has a decent replacement lined up, Gabilondo and Esajas are simply not good enough I'm afraid. 

If Ritchie chooses to go to Bournemouth, I would tend to agree with what someone else said,  he doesn't like playing for Di Canio.  It's hardly a move that will catapult his career is it?  Anyway, I'm more concerned about losing Caddis or Flint to be honest.

He did in the football league paper last week. Said he wanted to stay and move up the leagues with us, wasnt interested in moving. Pinch of salt and all that as we'd all move for more money, but at least he has said it.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 22:46:08 »

Just looking at his past he's had many significant injuries which might put a lot of clubs off. Also he is the focal point in a poor and highly defensive Barnet side so every chance goes through him - and he's scored a huge number if their goals. And, when he played at the County Ground he never looked like scoring even though he was facing the utterly shit Alberto Comazzi. And Lanzano.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 15:36:06 by A Gent Orange » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2011, 23:16:23 »

He did in the football league paper last week. Said he wanted to stay and move up the leagues with us, wasnt interested in moving. Pinch of salt and all that as we'd all move for more money, but at least he has said it.

Fair enough, I didn't see that.
DRS

« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 12:17:24 »

In fairness there is plenty of reference to his "bad attitude" by fellow fans, which while hardly being conclusive does ring some alarm bells none the less.

http://www.smfserver.com/forums/thehotelend/index.php?action=printpage;topic=470.0
http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=oufcplayers&action=print&thread=6354
http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/96752-izale-mcleod/
http://www.cricketnetwork.co.uk/boards/read/s66.htm?426,11762252

Here is one with quotes from Jacket regarding a bust up while on loan at Millwall because he didn't make the bench:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/24667/mcleod-back-at-the-den

That said, if we were to sign him then I'm sure the management will have been convinced the problems, if they existed, are behind him. They surely wouldn't risk another Clarke.
Not one of those links show him doing anything though do they. Not a pop at you batch but for someone with such a bad reputation i would expect to see stories of refusing to play or fighting with team mates
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 14:19:01 »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/28/football-transfer-rumours-andy-johnson?newsfeed=true

Leon to Hudds?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 14:52:44 »

Whilst there isn' so much hardcore evidence of McLeod being a twat you do have to wonder how he ended up going from a decent L1 striker to a bottom end L2 team. Kind of tells you what you need to know about his attitude.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 15:00:02 »

I think his injuries are more the reason Onion...i mean if people are suggesting that his attitude stops people looking at the top scorer in our league i dont believe that..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 15:03:43 »

Not one of those links show him doing anything though do they. Not a pop at you batch but for someone with such a bad reputation i would expect to see stories of refusing to play or fighting with team mates

Like I said not exactly conclusive, just slightly worrying that the reputation precedes him. I'm sure the club have contacts with those who know the real score.

For the record I'm not anti or pro McLeod. He's knocking in goals, nobody would complain if he did that for us Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2011, 17:45:08 »

I personally don't like McLeod because he was a cunt whenever he played against us for Franchise - he's a diving cunt, moaning prick and liked winding us up. Not saying he'd be a bad signing but he doesn't seem like the consummate pro that Di Canio has a preference for.

Also don't forget that he managed to give away a throw-in when taking a shot on goal at the County Ground earlier this season  Smiley
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 12:38:20 »

Everyone seems to forget we've still got Benyon on loan at Wycombe and that he was scoring a goal every other game in League 2 last season. Reckon it would be worth recalling him and sending him back to Torquay to see if he can get his form back, could come in useful towards the end of the season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 12:56:01 »

Are you allowed to recall season long loans?

Even if you are I don't think Benyon is the answer.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 13:01:33 »

I heard di canio didnt rate him abd he didnt want to play in league 2 anyway
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 13:05:27 »

I still want Benyon to come good as a Swindon player simply and entirely because of the Wikipedia editing fun we had when he signed.

Elliot de Paul Benyon and all that.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Thursday, December 29, 2011, 13:08:35 »

Benyon isn't getting any games at Wycombe so I doubt there'd be any problems. Wycombe would be glad to get rid of him and Benyon will be looking to play games to get things back on track.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 61   Go Up
Print
Jump to: