Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlton vs Swindon - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 59709 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 20:46:25 »

No i just like winding people like you up Smiley  I'm sure you're a lovely young man really. I was generally just reading through the thread and saw what you wrote, and i know you like to be 'right' so thought i'd pick you up on it.

Onwards and upwards anyway

...and if I didnt play along all the fishing would be in vain.

less of the young these days sadly.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 20:47:09 »

Wilson got his tactics spot on tonight. Boss the midfield, hassle and hit them on the break.

My hat goes off to him.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 20:49:42 »

Well I certainly wasn't expecting that. For the first time this season we actually played well for 90 minutes of a match. We were in total control in terms of possession and controlling the tempo of the game and we created plenty of chances. And the biggest factor of all.....we actually fucking won after going a goal down. At long last.

Charlton got lucky with their 1st. I didn't think we deserved to be losing at any stage during the game so it was good to see us get back into it and then batter them in the 2nd half. I thought they all played well today. Was impressed with Ritchie and that was certainly one of his better games for us. Like I said the other day when we give him the ball things can happen. Ferry is starting to look like the player from last season again. That's a very positive thing. And Charlie scored more than 1 goal in a game.

It was a good team performance and much needed. This is the sort of result that can turn a season but we've been here before. 1 swallow doesn't make a summer and we need to build on this and get a result at Oldham and then at home to Yeovil. There is still plenty of hard work to be done that's for sure.

And final word for Wilson. Saw the team before the game and cringed but to be fair to him he got it spot on today with his tactics and selection.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #468 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:01:58 »

And if Fitton let's Charlie go in January then tonight will have all been in vain
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:02:50 »

...and if I didnt play along all the fishing would be in vain.

less of the young these days sadly.

Hah! Fair enough

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:06:02 »

So glad I went now! I'll post my thoughts then delight myself by trawling through the previous 32 pages...

When I heard it was 4-5-1 it sounded like a pretty good idea. Wasn't sure about dropping Cuthbert, but wasn't overly distraught about it either. Do we normally start warming up 50 minutes before kick-off? I thought we usually left it a bit later!

Smith did well, can't blame him for either of the goals and was generally calm under pressure. The back four did pretty well on the whole. Caddis and Rose got forward well and we dealt with their wide players when they got forward. Morrison was pretty solid apart from one little mistake in the second half, and Frampton was his usual no-nonsense self.

I was very impressed with Prutton and Ferry. Prutton seemed to play as an attacking midfielder, holding the ball up well, putting their back line under pressure and linking the play. Ferry was great putting tackles in and bombing forward. I was a little less impressed with Timlin as I thought he often sat a bit deep and allowed their players too much time on the ball, but he was still fairly decent.

Ritchie had a better game, and has now been involved in 3 goals in 3 games, scoring two and winning the pen against Posh. Also, we finally managed to play some decent balls in to Alan O'Brien. I think our success on the wings was largely down to Charlton being poor at the back - we were given far too much room at times, and balls over the top or through the middle were tearing them apart at times. Even so, we had to take advantage of that and the wide men did so.

Austin ran his arse off as ever, and deserved his two goals. Great to see some sprinkler action too!

JPM came on and did ok. i was surprised to see Cuthbert coming on as were defending well. I was a bit worried we'd go for 5 at the back, but it turned out to be a decent change, with Cuthbert slotting in well at RB and putting some good challenges in towards the end. Dossevi was alright - by the time he came on we were just trying to run down the clock so his main job was to hold the ball up. I thought he might have put their defence under a bit more pressure when they had possession but never mind.

Overall it was a good performance, with a number of individuals really showing their worth for a change. Wilson got it spot on tactically, and we thoroughly deserved the points. Yes, Charlton were poor but to go away from home and score 4 (and win!) is not something to be sniffed at. (And there was still a guy near me who moaned throughout the game about only having 1 up top!). If we can get something at Oldham it will have been a very successful week!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #471 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:10:33 »

10 mins before kick off believe me i was cursing that team selection but fucking fair play tjey proved alot of people wrong... didn't they? Hands up up whp saw that teeam geting that result?

I been one of the first to have a pop about Wilsons tactics lately but today he gave us a glimour of hope.

Chuffed to fuck
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:13:17 »

Sure all of the football angles have been covered, so:

The pies were the hottest I have ever burned myself on.

The stewards were utter cunts, god knows how many were ejected/arrested but it was a fair few.

Charlton fans are now the worst I have ever heard, and more evidence that drums should not be tolerated, absolutely fucking pathetic.

Finally though, what a fucking day that was, superb.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:14:26 »

Sure all of the football angles have been covered, so:

The pies were the hottest I have ever burned myself on.

The stewards were utter cunts, god knows how many were ejected/arrested but it was a fair few.

Charlton fans are now the worst I have ever heard, and more evidence that drums should not be tolerated, absolutely fucking pathetic.

Finally though, what a fucking day that was, superb.

Good on you.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:15:18 »

I've just come in from an enforced night out with the Mrs. in Kazan where it's -15C and I've never enjoyed reading through a thread so much. Obviously the turning point was getting that poem into the dressing room. Inspired on my part I'd say. Thanks to whoever passed it on.

Rudyard Kipling in!

(His pies are exceedingly good too, I hear)
« Last Edit: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:17:20 by wheretherealredsare » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:20:33 »

I reckon i saw crispy on the tv.

He looks big on my plasma
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:21:12 »

10 mins before kick off believe me i was cursing that team selection but fucking fair play tjey proved alot of people wrong... didn't they? Hands up up whp saw that teeam geting that result?

I saw the team and could only conclude Wilson had lost the plot and it was his last throw of the dice, decided to go out instead and couldn't believe it when I checked the score.

Fair play to Wilson but I can't really see a team containing O'Brien and Rose maintaining any consistency.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:24:08 »

Fair play to Wilson but I can't really see a team containing O'Brien and Rose maintaining any consistency.
But when Sheehan comes back, Rose can play left midfield. That's what I would do any way. His delivery of the ball, whether from a wide or central position is absolutely fantastic.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:29:55 »

I reckon i saw crispy on the tv.

He looks big on my plasma

There were only about 100 town fans so you probably did!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
girlyred

« Reply #479 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 21:33:45 »

There were 200 there and i drank/sang them all under the table woop woop (in a girly voice)  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: