Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 39123 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:01:52 »

Ritchie dived, it wasn't a foul.

Irrelevant. He gave a foul. The point is it was inside he box not outside.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:07:30 »

Ritchie spent 90 minutes diving yesterday. It was embarrassing. Stay on your feet.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:13:08 »

As did Austin, lest we forget. And shooting ridiculously off target from distance.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:16:36 »

One of Austin's worst games for us, wasn't that hot against Posh either. Hope the scouts were watching and decide he's not worth the money Wink
Spencer_White

« Reply #379 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:17:24 »

I thought Danny Wilson put out our best possible team yesterday. I didnt think it was a bad performance, weve certainly had a lot worse this season. But we had to win yesterday to pull clear of the relegation scrap. Cant see us getting anything from the next 2 games, so there will be massive pressure on our next home game, against Yeovil.

Yesterday could have gone either way. Weve been mediocre all season. Danny Wilson must stay to rebuild for next season.  
nochee

« Reply #380 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:18:43 »

One of Austin's worst games for us, wasn't that hot against Posh either. Hope the scouts were watching and decide he's not worth the money Wink

Just like paynter before he fucked off
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:18:49 »

That's not to say Ritchie isn't worth signing. He's a very handy player and gives us balance and a will chip in with a few from midfield. He'll be a good signing if we can tie it up, but we can't carry too many players as lightweight as him in the side.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:24:49 »

Just like paynter before he fucked off

Erm, yeah.

I'm putting it down to no player being able to be brilliant for 4o odd games  a season. But I fear that you are right.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:29:11 »

The vibe I get in the town end is that people are losing patience. been like that for a few games now.

This is correct and i'm one of em!!

Clems Army!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:36:25 »

That's not to say Ritchie isn't worth signing. He's a very handy player and gives us balance and a will chip in with a few from midfield. He'll be a good signing if we can tie it up, but we can't carry too many players as lightweight as him in the side.

The problem with Ritchie for me is that we don't give him enough of the ball. Get him on the ball and get him putting it in the box. I think he also needs to do this a bit more when he does eventually get the ball. He barely got a touch against Posh and was marked out well yesterday. Think he managed 2 crosses. I think something is there but when you dont get the ball there's not a lot you can do as a player in all honesty.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:37:27 »

Just checked the stats ..............59% pocession to Bournemouth....fucking hell!

I came away thinking i had been to an away game yesterday..

Something has to give now..... i woke up pissed off this morning...

Clems Army!
Spencer_White

« Reply #386 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 11:39:25 »

I think the fans are now mourning the loss of this season in terms of any achievement.

But the quicker we get over this and look forward the better. Sacking Danny Wilson now will make things worse, not better.

Any old shouty manager can come in and get the team running around like headless chickens, and nicking 1-1 draws. Then what happens at the end of the season? That manager will be found out in 12 months time, it doesnt work over a long period of time. Danny Wilson is a manager who can make us hit real heights if we get a bit more luck in the transfer market. Unfortunately, I dont think Danny Wilson is a good manager for fighting relegation, because he will still try and play good football. He's got a bit of a laissez faire attitude to the game.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 13:19:54 »

The Rovers match in a few weeks is looking a big six pointer ...for all the wrong reasons.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #388 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 13:42:28 »

But the quicker we get over this and look forward the better.

What are we looking forward to Spencer? Yesterday was a typical Malpas performance as have others this season. The only thing I've got to look forward to is avoiding relegation and that isn't a given. As there are no attractive teams for the fans gates will reduce eg Tranmere on a Tuesday night. What will ST sales be like next season. We're placing a lot of trust in this group of players and the coaching staff and like a lot of people yesterday my trust had been waning for a while but has now completely gone.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 13:50:12 »

I'll give him January but if Wilson was capable of turning us around wouldnt he have done it by now?

Apart from Phil Smith and Jon-Paul McGovern they were all players Wilson has bought in himself. So do we even trust him enough in January to bring in better players?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: