Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 39122 times)

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:49:21 »

but we're so fucking dumb that we still do it when Pericard isn't there, like for an hour today.

lack of confidence i would guess is why.lump it as far away from our goal as possible and hope the % hoof goes in our favour.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #331 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 21:53:22 »

from what i've seen,smiths kicking at best is average for a goal keeper.at times it's fucking awful.
can't comment on today as i didn't go.
with a lump like pericard up top it's always going to go long.nothing new there. been doing it for ages now

We were lumping it up to Ball today Arriba. The brief spell in the game when we took control we starting playing through the midfield and trying through balls. They didn't always work but we pinned Bournemouth back due to this and it was much better to see us playing football.

As soon as the hoofing up to Ball/Austin/Pericard/Nobody started again we were getting nothing from the game. It seems to me that we do a very good job at making opposing teams look very organised, hungry, physical and generally like men against boys at times. It's very reminiscent of the Millwall matches at the end of last year. Except we're not playing teams who are as good at these strengths as Millwall. I think it's because we're unconfident, struggling for ideas and lacking direction/leadership. There's no bite to this team anymore, it's a real shame to say.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:15:12 »

Also, I thought he dealt well with some horrendous back passes he received today from Prutton and Ferry.

I also think (and could be wrong) he has been instructed to kick it to Pericard (when he is playing)

Nah, it's Austin - from goal kicks anyway. Austin peels off to the wing ready for it.

I thin Arriba has it right, hoofball is being played due to lack of confidence/lack of options. It clearly does us no favours, but nobody wants to move for fear of fucking up.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:40:28 »

Those of you who think Wilson is a bad manager are totally deluded.

You dont get to the playoff final by luck, but by hard work & skill over the course of 46 games. Managers dont lose their skill over night, Wilson is the same manager he was back in May.

We lost 3 key players over the summer who haven't been adequately replaced:- Greer, Payner & Ward. My understanding is that Greer wanted a 3yr contract, but it was Fitton, not Wilson who turned him down. Paynter & Ward were both outstanding last year. People here need to take a reality check, we cannot simply go out and buy another Payner or Ward, they are either too expensive or dont exist.

Personally, I think there are problems behind the scene. Perhaps Wilson & Fitton are no longer seeing eye-to-eye and this is affecting performances on the pitch, or perhaps there is a division in the camp. Who knows?

Overall, yes today was poor, very poor. However, what is the alternative? Fitton wants the club to be self sustainable and hence won't blow the budget on big name signings. I agree with this, lets not forget the club was close to going out of business only a few years ago. Secondly, who would come in?Huh? Its nice to hypothetically name a manager, but you have to consider availability, price, and desire to come here.

Football has moved on alot since we were last in the 2nd tier, and we have been left in the slow lane. We are an average lg1 club at best, and Wilson is the best manager we can afford. Get real.

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:47:57 »

You dont get to the playoff final by luck, but by hard work & skill over the course of 46 games. Managers dont lose their skill over night, Wilson is the same manager he was back in May.

I don't think anyone is saying Wilson is a bad manager, but it's clear that for whatever reason he's not doing a good enough job at the moment.

You're right managers don't lose their skill overnight, but their tactics become more known to the opposition and if they haven't got any sort of backup plan they're left floundering.

Anyway, if every club took the attitude when they're doing badly that the manaager is the same as he was however many months ago when they were doing better, no manager would ever get sacked!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:51:02 »

We lost 3 key players over the summer who haven't been adequately replaced:- Greer, Payner & Ward. My understanding is that Greer wanted a 3yr contract, but it was Fitton, not Wilson who turned him down. Paynter & Ward were both outstanding last year. People here need to take a reality check, we cannot simply go out and buy another Payner or Ward, they are either too expensive or dont exist.

Personally, I think there are problems behind the scene. Perhaps Wilson & Fitton are no longer seeing eye-to-eye and this is affecting performances on the pitch, or perhaps there is a division in the camp. Who knows?

Overall, yes today was poor, very poor. However, what is the alternative? Fitton wants the club to be self sustainable and hence won't blow the budget on big name signings. I agree with this, lets not forget the club was close to going out of business only a few years ago. Secondly, who would come in?Huh? Its nice to hypothetically name a manager, but you have to consider availability, price, and desire to come here.

Football has moved on alot since we were last in the 2nd tier, and we have been left in the slow lane. We are an average lg1 club at best, and Wilson is the best manager we can afford. Get real.

Wilson and Fitton are as thick as thieves...no division there...he would have been gone after Crawley if there was.
For me his problem is playing his best players out of position...JPM Caddis etc.
Round pegs in square holes may work in the odd match....but for a whole season no chance....Ball has been totally fucked about here...he is a centre forward for fucks sake not a wing man.
Also discipline has cost us with Douglas and Sheehan picking up ridiculous red cards.
Tubbs,Pitman etc could have been signed but instead DW went for players with deep pockets....Pericard,Prutton,Obrien,just a few on big money......leaving nought to invest in new talent.
Personally i want him to stay....fact is experienced players have let us down badly.
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 22:59:41 »

I don't think anyone is saying Wilson is a bad manager, but it's clear that for whatever reason he's not doing a good enough job at the moment.

You're right managers don't lose their skill overnight, but their tactics become more known to the opposition and if they haven't got any sort of backup plan they're left floundering.

Anyway, if every club took the attitude when they're doing badly that the manaager is the same as he was however many months ago when they were doing better, no manager would ever get sacked!

Bollocks. He wouldn't have got us to the playoffs last year by playing the same tactics week in week out, and sides knowing what tactics we would play. He got us to the play offs last year simply by having a better team, who knew how to get the ball down and play football. Greer controlled the game from the back & always looked to pass it around short, losing Greer as far as I understand wasn't Wilsons fault. Ward offered the creative spark, and is no ones fault he was on loan. Payner complemented Austin very well and scored a bag full of goals. He was out of contract, so it was inevitable he would leave when a big club came sniffing.

Your last point is total crap as well. Some of the most successful clubs in the country have had the same manager for several years & the club has supported him throughout the bad patches.

Blaming the manager is the quick and easy option. Fans need to appreciate the bigger picture and the financial constraints the club must work under to survive. Yes, the current run of results is very poor but the players & manager need our full support.

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:02:55 »

You did watch us towards the end of the season didn't you? Bar the charlton games we were very average from April onwards

Things get better but they never get good
nochee

« Reply #338 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:04:23 »

You did watch us towards the end of the season didn't you? Bar the charlton games we were very average from April onwards

Exactly!

One trick pony!

Rich Pullen

« Reply #339 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:05:52 »

Probably fairer and easier to say 1 win in our final 6 as we started April with two 3-0 wins including Leeds away Wink
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:10:20 »

Bollocks. He wouldn't have got us to the playoffs last year by playing the same tactics week in week out, and sides knowing what tactics we would play. He got us to the play offs last year simply by having a better team, who knew how to get the ball down and play football. Greer controlled the game from the back & always looked to pass it around short, losing Greer as far as I understand wasn't Wilsons fault. Ward offered the creative spark, and is no ones fault he was on loan. Payner complemented Austin very well and scored a bag full of goals. He was out of contract, so it was inevitable he would leave when a big club came sniffing.

Your last point is total crap as well. Some of the most successful clubs in the country have had the same manager for several years & the club has supported him throughout the bad patches.

Blaming the manager is the quick and easy option. Fans need to appreciate the bigger picture and the financial constraints the club must work under to survive. Yes, the current run of results is very poor but the players & manager need our full support.

Losing Greer maybe not have been his fault...but getting an adequate replacement was....also getting players motivated for matches is down to him.
Beating Sheffield Wednesday is great....providing three days later you aint totally outplayed by a non lge side
Who's to blame for that.....players should be up for every match.....not just the big ones.
As i said i dont want him sacked......but he has to shoulder blame and that was what joteddyred is saying.
Your loyalty is nice but the fact is you are in a minority at this present time...get used to it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:17:25 »

the most successful clubs have long term managers because the managers are successful, which is fairly fucking obvious really.
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #342 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:21:41 »

Losing Greer maybe not have been his fault...but getting an adequate replacement was....also getting players motivated for matches is down to him.
Beating Sheffield Wednesday is great....providing three days later you aint totally outplayed by a non lge side
Who's to blame for that.....players should be up for every match.....not just the big ones.
As i said i dont want him sacked......but he has to shoulder blame and that was what joteddyred is saying.
Your loyalty is nice but the fact is you are in a minority at this present time...get used to it.

What a ridiculous statement. I didn't hear 5000+ singing we want wilson out today did you?

That would suggest you are in the majority with your anti wilson sentiment, however unfortunately a handful of internet geeks doesn't equate to the majority of our fanbase just yet...
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:24:41 by The_Plagiarist » Logged
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:24:58 »

What a ridiculous statement. I didn't hear 5000+ singing we want wilson out today did you?

That would suggest you are in the majority with your anti wilson sentiment,

Read my post... i am not anti Wilson......but the majority are.....you are the ridiculous one to think different.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, January 1, 2011, 23:25:06 »

Just because people dont sing it doesnt mean that it isnt peoples opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: