Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 39105 times)
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #405 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:32:44 »

Some new players, and the emergence of a new team in time for next season under Danny Wilson.
That's what we just had this summer though?
Spencer_White

« Reply #406 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:36:30 »

That's what we just had this summer though?

We didnt sign players in the positions the team needed. Too many squad players, not enough first team players.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:36:56 »

plus, does anyone have enough faith in him to replace the deadwood with the quality required? can he identifiy the quality? can he attract them?

Its quite amazing how all his signings one season work out and the following season none of them do. Is it just fluke, Budgie gone? or another reason?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:37:46 »

We didnt sign players in the positions the team needed. Too many squad players, not enough first team players.

...and whose fault do you suppose that is?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #409 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:37:52 »

That's my point mate. He signed the wrong players so why will next summer be any different.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:40:26 »

plus, does anyone have enough faith in him to replace the deadwood with the quality required? can he identifiy the quality? can he attract them?

Its quite amazing how all his signings one season work out and the following season none of them do. Is it just fluke, Budgie gone? or another reason?

Paynters contribution last season has now shown to be immense....of course the defence has been poor but there have been plenty of games this season when anther scorer up front may have got us the points...instead of just one/none....
Spencer_White

« Reply #411 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:42:23 »

...and whose fault do you suppose that is?

I think the board wanted Ferry and Caddis because they are young players who's value might increase and they made all the moves on that one.

Wilson himself had to go shopping for free transfers, we didnt spend money on anyone else.

I dont rate the summer transfer window anyway, its an expensive time to buy, unless you chance your arm and wait until the deadline day, 2 weeks into the season. Danny Wilson can pick up good players in the next 4 weeks, the board must back him.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:45:25 by Spencer_White » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:43:18 »

It strikes me that until this season since Wilson has been here we have been a team on the up.

First season he took over when we looked likely to get relegated, but we stayed up.
Second season, a Wembley play-off final.

This season has been poor, but do you really sack the manager the first time he has a bad patch?

There was an interesting comment about managers only staying in a job for long periods if they were successful. Well I guess someone forgot to tell Arsenal that, after years of success they have won jack shit for 5 years. I guess that means Wenger should have been sacked four years ago.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:49:52 »

There was an interesting comment about managers only staying in a job for long periods if they were successful. Well I guess someone forgot to tell Arsenal that, after years of success they have won jack shit for 5 years. I guess that means Wenger should have been sacked four years ago.

In those 5 years they've what, finished top 4 in the Premier League every season and got into the Champions League.

Fucking horrendous hey!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #414 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:49:57 »

It strikes me that until this season since Wilson has been here we have been a team on the up.

First season he took over when we looked likely to get relegated, but we stayed up.
Second season, a Wembley play-off final.

This season has been poor, but do you really sack the manager the first time he has a bad patch?

Aresnal haven't been 3 points away from relegation mid-way through a season ffs
Spencer_White

« Reply #415 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:51:48 »

That's my point mate. He signed the wrong players so why will next summer be any different.

Whoever the manager is, if we are waiting until the summer to sign players, then I think you can forget next season for a promotion challenge as well. We need 2 new first team players this january.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:53:13 »

Incredibly Arsenal have NEVER been relegated from the top lge.....unreal record really.

No other team can boast that.

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:53:49 »

everton?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:54:30 »

Think they have been down....will check
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore