Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Bournemouth Official matchday Thread  (Read 39103 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 13:52:26 »

Well I'm reaching the end of the window that I was willing to give Wilson. If we've not seen any improvement by the end of this month then I think we are going to be in serious, serious trouble. As it is, there's still time to turn things around and finish the season strongly. But my belief is at a low point right now.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
glos_robin

« Reply #391 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:01:55 »

Had an interesting conversation this morning before our sunday league game with my mates step dad who was the linesman on the DRS side of the pitch yesterday. He did the Forest pre-season game but is the first time he's done a competitive game at our place.

Apparently the game only just went ahead as Bournemouth brought their home kit and we wouldn't let them use our away kit, if it had been called off Bournemouth would have got a £25k fine so some how they found a kit.

I haven't seen the highlights but apparently the penalty they got was blatant as our player had his hands up. The second one where their player got booked was a blatant dive and the player actually apologised to the ref after the match and said 'he was taking the piss a bit with the dive'. I said the ref was pretty useless and he disagreed as you would expect but oh well.

As for the game he thought we were awful and reckons we could be on our way down and isn't sure Wilson will be around much longer as he didn't talk to any of the players after the match and there seemed a real lack of team spirit.

Finally apparently Austin is an absolute nightmare for officials with all his falling over and it was a bit embarrassing when he went down in the second half claiming he was hit in the face as there was no real contact.

Quite interesting to get the officials insight into the game every now and then.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:04:23 »

Well I'm reaching the end of the window that I was willing to give Wilson. If we've not seen any improvement by the end of this month then I think we are going to be in serious, serious trouble. As it is, there's still time to turn things around and finish the season strongly. But my belief is at a low point right now.

Probably sums up exactly how i feel......four wins on the bounce and it could all be different.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:06:43 »

We're not going to win four on the bounce though are we. Stop coming out with all this nonsense rhetoric

Things get better but they never get good
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:07:33 »

Hard to see where a win will come from at the moment. Let alone 4.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:07:54 »

We're not going to win four on the bounce though are we. Stop coming out with all this nonsense rhetoric

Just trying very hard to be a little up beat....we will win tomorow.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:10:19 »

If we win tomorrow I will eat my face

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:11:22 »

Quoted for posterity. I don't think we'll win or anything but it's the kind of thing we'd do.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:18:26 »

Rather you than me...we will win.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:20:19 »

I said the ref was pretty useless and he disagreed as you would expect but oh well.

As for the game he thought we were awful and reckons we could be on our way down and isn't sure Wilson will be around much longer as he didn't talk to any of the players after the match and there seemed a real lack of team spirit.

Finally apparently Austin is an absolute nightmare for officials with all his falling over and it was a bit embarrassing when he went down in the second half claiming he was hit in the face as there was no real contact.

Quite interesting to get the officials insight into the game every now and then.

firstly I sit in the arkells behind the dug out and Charlie came over to the bench after that challenge with a bloody nose which the lady physio had to clear up, so it's amazing to think how that happend without any contact.

Secondly the ref WAS pony- fact.

Thirdly, how the fuck does the lino know what Wilson said to his players?

I'm not shooting the messenger but this guy sounds like a tool! Only thing he gotright was that we were awful...

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:34:59 »

Maybe Wilson didn't say anything as the players walked off, but i can't imagine he'd have gone into the dressing room and blanked everybody, especially seeing as he didn't come out to talk to the media until about 5.45pm
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 14:37:24 »

Maybe Wilson didn't say anything as the players walked off, but i can't imagine he'd have gone into the dressing room and blanked everybody, especially seeing as he didn't come out to talk to the media until about 5.45pm

That's what I was thinking!
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 15:46:06 »

I haven't observed that Austin falls over a great deal - either yesterday or generally.  Ritchie was one who seemed to do so yesterday.
And certainly there was blood on his (Austin's) face after the challenge - and he was making this very clear to the lino when he got up!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #403 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 15:50:25 »

he fell over twice once when getting a whack in the face the second he had his heals clipped.
Spencer_White

« Reply #404 on: Sunday, January 2, 2011, 16:31:11 »

What are we looking forward to Spencer? Yesterday was a typical Malpas performance as have others this season. The only thing I've got to look forward to is avoiding relegation and that isn't a given. As there are no attractive teams for the fans gates will reduce eg Tranmere on a Tuesday night. What will ST sales be like next season. We're placing a lot of trust in this group of players and the coaching staff and like a lot of people yesterday my trust had been waning for a while but has now completely gone.

Some new players, and the emergence of a new team in time for next season under Danny Wilson.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: