Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town's Charlie Austin unsure over future  (Read 9207 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 08:35:14 »

Sad to say I'm feeling pretty much the same as you.

We say that we accept we have to sell him, but do we really really need to?  To me all we ever seem to do is take one step forward and the two steps back.

Unfortunately we DO have to sell him at some point. Financially we need the money. But just as importantly Charlie will want to step it up a level eventually. When that happens its over! I'd prefer him to stay and learn a bit more, but how does he know how often the chance to move up a league will come? Who knows what is round the corner.

We all know and accept that this is the price of failure at Wembley. What was a bit of a shock to the system was our failure to kick on another level despite the inevitability of losing key players.

I felt pretty low about football the first few months of non performances this season. I think I'm through it now. Hope you do the same.

When we do sell Charlie it is vital proper money is made available and used wisely to find a replacement. I don't think I could stomach a "what we have is good enough" speech. But I don't think we'd get one either.

Also, when Charlie does go, does anyone have any advice on how to break it gently to a 7 year old that his absolute idol has gone to play for another team?  He's going to be completely devastated, but I suppose if he's going to follow Swindon Town he needs to get used to the heartache from a young age?   Sad

I've started preparing my 6 year old. Started with when Greer left. He wasn't so bothered other than Douglas being captain (not sure why he is not a Dougie fan). Anyway he' getting there with the whole idea.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 08:37:16 »

Would be nice to follow some of these players for more than a year or two.

Totally agree ^

Charlie has made himself an idol for young Swindon fans to boot and it would be gutting for them to see him leave so soon.

What makes this situation worse is that we have a total over reliance on one player. Sort of like the Simon Cox situation.

We do sell off our star assests but  our squad has improved because of it (i know this season has been poor) but players like Douglas, Prutton, Caddis etc... do not come cheaply.

The best we can hope for is that Austin stays to the end of the season and  we enjoy his stint in a town shirt.

I wouldnt be suprised to see Douglas leave in January either...  Eek

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 10:54:06 »

I wouldnt be suprised to see Douglas leave in January either...  Eek

22 Nov 2010 16:59:00
Brighton are close to securing two permanent deals to completed in January.

Jonathan Douglas from Swindon town and Bury hit man Ryan Lowe.

You gotta love the rumour mill! If Douglas and Austin go we might as well swap stadiums with Supermarine
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:26:55 »

If we sell Douglas, then we may as well give up now. We've spent years and years looking for a player of his calibre, so to get rid of him would be a travesty!
Have contract negotiations began with any of our out of contract players?Huh??

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:36:34 »

Right feel free to shoot the messenger for once but i did hear a few weeks back that Douglas and Wilson now have no relationship at all.

Just saying
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:39:03 »

Consider yourself shot.

If that's the case then why is he still skipper?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:39:42 »

Don't know i will get back to you on that after i make something up.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:41:07 »

Haha! Everyone's falling out with one another, if recent reports are anything to go by. Wtf has happened to our team!?!? I blame Greer.....

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:42:15 »

Right feel free to shoot the messenger for once but i did hear a few weeks back that Douglas and Wilson now have no relationship at all.

Just saying

imagine the abuse you would now be getting if you were a new poster.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:43:25 »

I heard dougie was unhappy at the sale of greer and wants out, the club want him to stay apparently.  Sad

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #40 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:44:48 »

I can see why people wouldn't be happy though tbh.

Lucas
Ferry
McGovern
Sheehan
Lescinal
Amankawah

All first team regulars last season in a team which helped us get to wembley yet are now regulars on the bench and being replaced by players who are no better imo.Bar Lucas maybe
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #41 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:45:01 »

Very true
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:45:46 »

It's alright arriba, we'll all make up for it by sexually abusing him in the Merlin toilets if the next home game is ever played.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:46:00 »

I heard dougie was unhappy at the sale of greer and wants out, the club want him to stay apparently.  Sad
Pah!

Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, December 23, 2010, 11:46:31 »

I can see why people wouldn't be happy though tbh.

Lucas
Ferry
McGovern
Sheehan
Lescinal
Amankawah

All first team regulars last season in a team which helped us get to wembley yet are now regulars on the bench and being replaced by players who are no better imo.Bar Lucas maybe

Not to mention Losing Greer , Ward, Darby and Paynter...

Thats 10 top quality players from last season not playing this season.... Bad Mood
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: