Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kindle  (Read 12536 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, December 20, 2010, 19:04:04 »

I better get the thing before Christmas!

Fucking Ralphy and DV and Leggett and Spud
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, December 20, 2010, 19:42:27 »

Fucking Ralphy and DV and Leggett and Spud will take their minds off the job in hand and not help a jot.....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Friday, December 24, 2010, 01:35:55 »

Well it got delivered yesterday at around 7pm, fair play to the delivery chap working late.

Haven't seen it out of the box, it's in a nice sealed box so I've left it like that as it is a gift. Have to comment on how light it is, either that or the box is empty!
Lumps

« Reply #18 on: Friday, December 24, 2010, 18:16:50 »

Well it got delivered yesterday at around 7pm, fair play to the delivery chap working late.

Haven't seen it out of the box, it's in a nice sealed box so I've left it like that as it is a gift. Have to comment on how light it is, either that or the box is empty!

I've had the same worry. The one for the other half feels unfeasibly light. It doesn't rattle either.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, December 25, 2010, 18:29:16 »

Santa I love you. I'm Kindle'd up Smiley
Lumps

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, December 26, 2010, 01:25:56 »

I was very relieved to find that the one for the missus was in the box and works perfectly. I am now incredibly jealous and considering just stealing it.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, December 26, 2010, 09:47:14 »

The digital ink is rather good.

Have to admit I thought the charging instructions was a sticker on the screen and not the screen itself! Doh.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, December 26, 2010, 19:22:31 »

Got er indoors one which amazingly turned up on time.  I've spent the last couple of days reading Keith Richards book on my one.  We are now a 2 kindle household.
cired45

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 19:47:46 »

Does anyone know of decent software that converts e-books to Kindle?  Got the wife one for crimbo and she would like to know.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 19:51:03 »

don't you just email it to your kindle email address?
cired45

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 19:56:20 »

Not too sure about that, er indoors is the computer whizz? in our house.  She just asked me to ask the question.  I know it seems quite random but shes obviously seen something she wants.
cired45

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 20:05:04 »

Si, as you seem to be `in the know` have you heard of calibre software, not the non alchoholic lager, but the thing for kindle.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 20:08:44 »

There's a user manual on the actual kindle and I think it has the guidance for sending docs to the kindle and converting to kindle format via the kindle email.

I haven't heard of calibre or used it. I'm going by my limited knowledge and experience of helping my mum set her kindle up.

Barry Scott will probably know the answer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 20:51:51 »

Si, as you seem to be `in the know` have you heard of calibre software, not the non alchoholic lager, but the thing for kindle.

Calibre is pretty well known for converting between formats. Heard it can be a bit slow/clunky but not used it myself (yet).
Barry Scott

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 21:32:28 »

Calibre can be used, but I personally prefer the email service, because if the file has page numbers and headers and all crap, the kindle service more reliably removes it. To use it you first need to register your kindle to your Amazon account using Menu> Settings> Register and use your email and password. (I suspect it's already registered though.)

Then go to http://www.amazon.co.uk/myk and login using your Amazon email and password. Then register your kindle in here if it's not already. If it is already registered they'll be an email address under "your Kindle" near the top of the page and to the right of the Kindle's name.

A bit further down the page you have a heading, "Your Kindle Approved E-mail List ". Here you can add your email/s. Then, once added, send an email to your your kindle, using the email address mentioned under, " Your Kindle(s)" but change it to include the word free between the "@" and "kindle" followed by a period. I.e. YourName@free.kindle.com.

Give it the subject line "convert" (without the quotes) and attach the document to the email with no content. Amazon will email you, normally within a few minutes, saying the document is converted. Once converted you can download it from the link givem in the email and transfer to the Kindle via USB or you can connect your kindle to your wireless and it will be on the kindle within a few seconds of connected.

Job done.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 21:35:49 by Barry Scott » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: