Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Airplane Gestures Official Thread  (Read 60653 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 20:25:44 »

Thats fair enough mate
Smiley
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 21:18:20 »

We live in a free country....apart from Slander, Libel, illegal incitement, anything the old bill want etc etc

Clems Army!
flammableBen

« Reply #587 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 21:30:05 »

Slander and libel are civil cases aren't they so the old bill wouldn't get involved anyway?

Incitement and harrasement are rightly criminal offences, causing offence isn't.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #588 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 21:34:22 »

Well the publicity generated is only going to fuel whatever trouble there will be more. I watched the video, if the website I viewed it on hadn't pointed out who was doing the actions I wouldn't have seen them, it's hardly a one man in-your-face explicit crusade to upset Man Utd fans.

Let's be honest, how many of us have cracked jokes about dead celebrities and the such? Next time you send that text off to your mate or make a comment in the pub you better watch out who's listening.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 21:34:35 »

BUT...you are not free to do and or say what you want...FACT

Clems Army!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 21:36:05 »

No.....pissing on a police car and calling plod a cunt will prove this Cheesy
flammableBen

« Reply #591 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 22:00:04 »

Nope.

In my mind there's a difference between freedom of speech and freedom from responsibility for what you say.

Say for example if a newspaper knowingly printed loads of untrue accusations about someone (say claiming they were a rapist or something), shouldn't the person be able to hold them responsible for loss of earnings if it meant that they could no longer get a job?

Or if I was in a pub and started telling the landlord he was a horrible cunt shouldn't he have the right to deny me service?

On the other hand if the police started arresting you for criticising the state then that's obviously something completely different.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 22:07:18 »

On the agenda for future governments will be a new police....a proper internet police who will have the power to arrest and warn people of their conduct online....its only a matter of when...not if.

Wikileaks and to a degree Facebook along with other nutter groups will see to this.
flammableBen

« Reply #593 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 22:08:07 »

Wikileaks is more of a freedom of information issue, which is another thing. In my head anyway.
deltaincline

« Reply #594 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 23:25:27 »

The bloke is a cunt for mocking the dead / taunting MU fans. Bad taste, no respect etc, but getting arrested for making a plane gesture in a video? How's anyone going to prove that he did it to cause alarm or distress, which is what they'll need to do to get a conviction?

Too many easily offended wankers nowadays. I heard a bloke on the radio today claiming that he's offended by the kids TV character Rastamouse. Reckons the program makers are likening him to a Rastafarian Mouse and that people mock him in the street because of it..... Wanker!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Tuesday, February 15, 2011, 23:44:22 »

I heard a bloke on the radio today claiming that he's offended by the kids TV character Rastamouse. Reckons the program makers are likening him to a Rastafarian Mouse and that people mock him in the street because of it..... Wanker!
Maybe he's made of grey wool, has an enormous fucking nose and a massive tail? In which case, I'm not surprised he gets mocked in the street but suspect the TV programme is the least of his worries
Spencer_White

« Reply #596 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 17:55:11 »

Anyone remember Man United fans reacted with fury when Fjortoft did the airplane in front of them in the 2-2 draw in 1994?

Who pays for the police to go round nicking people who make airplane gestures? We do.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 18:09:48 »

Anyone remember Man United fans reacted with fury when Fjortoft did the airplane in front of them in the 2-2 draw in 1994?

Yup.

ignorant fools!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 18:11:50 »

Can this thread be renamed?

I keep seeing:  Swindon Town V Crawley Official Matchday Thread, and it's bringing back shit memories.

It's All Good..............
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Wednesday, February 16, 2011, 23:49:38 »

Who pays for the police to go round nicking people who make airplane gestures? We do.

I seem to remember the 1000+ "red cards" (A4 paper) being held aloft during that game because of their poor disciplinary record running up to that game.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: