Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VIP supporters club...sorry, I mean 'Club Red' !!  (Read 6996 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 20:58:49 »

if you want the benefits then join the fucking club.

Why should people pay for benefits that they thought they'd be getting when they bought their season tickets?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 20:59:57 »

Because it was launched as an extra service available for all fans?
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:01:22 »

when you pay good money you have a right to voice your opinions....you are the deluded one if you think fans will renew season tickets if standards start slipping back to old times.....as Digby said he isn't a constant whinger....he feels pissed off so good on him for letting off steam if he feels miffed.

Which is quite clearly what i am doing as well... voicing my opinion.

I agree it has been badly advertised and executed, there is no doubt about it... but all this bollocks about screwing loyal ST holders is a joke.

For me going to the football is about watching the football. I couldn't give a shit if the PG tips isn't up to scratch.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:02:24 »

Why should people pay for benefits that they thought they'd be getting when they bought their season tickets?

because the members who pay extra get the extra benefits.
season ticket holders already get benefits, which have not been withdrawn as far as i know.
please correct me if i'm wrong as i'm not a season ticket holder.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:11:19 »

season ticket holders already get benefits, which have not been withdrawn as far as i know.

Historically, ST holders got a 10% discount in the club shop and free entry to reserve games.

To get those two particular benefits now you have to be a member of Club Red.

Whilst I don't disagree with the idea of this 'members' club, it is a bit uber-fan for my liking. I'm happy to just have my season ticket and a guaranteed seat every week with priority to cup/play-off games. However, I did also enjoy the benefit of the discount in the club shop and the option to pop along to a reserve game if I wanted to. It does irk me slightly that those benefits were withdrawn and that I actually didn't realise until I'd purchased my season ticket and someone pointed it out to me some time later, but I'm not going to go apoplectic about it.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:15:07 »

Whilst I don't disagree with the idea of this 'members' club, it is a bit uber-fan for my liking. I'm happy to just have my season ticket and a guaranteed seat every week with priority to cup/play-off games. However, I did also enjoy the benefit of the discount in the club shop and the option to pop along to a reserve game if I wanted to. It does irk me slightly that those benefits were withdrawn and that I actually didn't realise until I'd purchased my season ticket and someone pointed it out to me some time later, but I'm not going to go apoplectic about it.

This probably sums up my feelings better than i can....

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:15:26 »

because the members who pay extra get the extra benefits.

Exactly arriba...if you were...you may feel a bit pissed off....what next if we get Man Utd at home in round 5 oh fuck it let these Red Cub Members have as many tickets as they want before the season ticket holder...these people who have paid twenty quid get the same benefits as a bloke who has paid hundreds on a couple of tickets for him and the wife....personally it dosn't worry me....but i see why some people may get a touch pissed off.

STEGENFREUD.....maybe you dont,but when i buy food and drink anyware i want what i have paid for....not cold food and coffee with no sugar.........voice your opinion by all means....but dont talk like a twat.....in short i do care if my PG tips arnt up to scratch...call me old fashioned Cheesy
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:15:31 »

Because it was launched as an extra service available for all fans?

I don't remember the club explaining that benefits were being removed from the season tickets and that you'd only get them by paying extra before they started selling season tickets. Plus they keep finding more benefits to give to members which historically would have been given to season ticket holders.

As I said before it's not what they're doing that is the problem but how they have done it.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:18:04 »

Historically, ST holders got a 10% discount in the club shop and free entry to reserve games.

To get those two particular benefits now you have to be a member of Club Red.

Actually, season ticket holders do still get free entry to reserve games.

The confusion around this is another problem that could very easily have been avoided.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:21:24 »

STEGENFREUD.....maybe you dont,but when i buy food and drink anyware i want what i have paid for....not cold food and coffee with no sugar.........voice your opinion by all means....but dont talk like a twat.....in short i do care if my PG tips arnt up to scratch...call me old fashioned Cheesy

Fair enough... perhaps i was a bit strong. I just feel people are going way over the top on this one. I hope your PG tips improves  Cheesy

Rich Pullen

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:22:10 »

Fair enough Jonny. I am neither a member or a ST holder... I've also had no literature but I knew about it... Perhaps I saw the one and only article on the OS? Probably.
Spencer_White

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:23:32 »

I wonder how long it will be before season tickets go back up to what they were before?
flammableBen

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:27:31 »

Do they ever check at reserve games. To be honest I haven't been to one since I actually used to bother going to games. You used to just be able to wander in then, they never checked. That was around 2000-2002 though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:40:43 »

Club Red has been extremely poorly implemented.

The benefits of joining were not clear and seeming made up as they went along. The black shirt being the prime example.

I'd rather have the £25 off my season ticket than £25 extra with benefits. But all the information needs to be made available up front so I make an informed decision,
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 21:52:28 »

Fair enough Jonny. I am neither a member or a ST holder... I've also had no literature but I knew about it... Perhaps I saw the one and only article on the OS? Probably.

There were some articles on the OS, but they were all some time after ST's went on sale.

The one that pissed me off is the removal of the discount in the club shop. Whilst none of the ST literature said you'd get this discount, it didn't state you wouldn't which I reckon they should have done given it was an existing benefit.

On it's own it won't put me off buying a ST next season, but add on a few other things (shit football, price increase, possible loss of preferential ticket allocations etc) and it might. It's a stupid thing for the club to fuck up on, they owe ST holders an apology and a promise it will be sorted for next season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: