Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blackberrys  (Read 1782 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 14:01:11 »

Right, been given a Blackberry (asking here saves me trying to google it) but when going into activation it only gives the option of setting it up via the BES rather than using a personal email account - anyone got any ideas, it is an 8520, I've tried updating the software to no avail
Barry Scott

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 15:10:58 »

Yeah, that's what I've got. I don't have email though, because it does my tits in, but did set it up before deleting it all. My Dad's wife has the same phone, but her's is completely different to set-up, so I'll tell you my way.

Go to downloads > blackberry help > scroll down (it's a webpage I think) to "set up your email," then click the button that says "Launch Email Setup". Then you fill in your email and password and that's pretty much it from recollection. It doesn't matter where it's hosted, as it set mine up and that's not a traditional gmail/hotmail/yahoo email thing.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 16:07:39 »

Have you made sure that your subscription is set up for BIS and not BES?

Failing that :

Settings > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu Key > Register Now

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, November 30, 2010, 20:22:06 »

Give Otanswell's advice blast but it sounds like you need to speak to your service provider and ask them to re-provision the device with a BIS account.  They'll need to send you a fresh set of service books, which will take a couple of seconds.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: