Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: satellite tv queries  (Read 2337 times)

Ignore
« on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 09:42:36 »

Right,i've currently got a sky+ box in my sons room with an aeriel link into the back of my daughters tv which works well.i've aquired a freesat box so want to set that up in my sons room and put the sky box into my daughters room.

if i change the fittings on the aeriel cable to the sattelite type will that work ok,or do i need to replace the cable with a different type?
also can i get an adaptor to link the cable from the input in my sons room to the extended cable?

ta..

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 09:45:09 »

Right,i've currently got a sky+ box in my sons room with an aeriel link into the back of my daughters tv which works well.i've aquired a freesat box so want to set that up in my sons room and put the sky box into my daughters room.it has a twin sattelite feed from the dish so with the freesat box only needs one.freeing one up.

if i change the fittings on the aeriel cable to the sattelite type will that work ok,or do i need to replace the cable with a different type?
also can i get an adaptor to link the cable from the input in my sons room to the extended cable?

ta..
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 09:45:52 »

If you run a cable from the Sky+ box to the Freesat box I'm not sure if it'll work.

Are you wanting to be able to watch different channels on both boxes?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 09:50:13 »

i have a spare feed from the dish into my lads room so it will run seperately.just need to know what cables-adaptors i'll need to get.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 09:52:58 »

Ah, I get you.

You can use the same cable. There's no difference in the grade of cable needed for Sky and Freesat.

I think both boxes will use F connectors (the screw on type). I know Sky boxes definitely do.

Adaptors to connect the lengths of cable are much of a muchness, I'd suggest F connectors for that as you can screw them together to prevent the cables from becoming separated.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 09:55:24 »

is aeriel cable the same as satellite cable?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 14:01:43 »

Ya, Coax!  The only difference with the sky stuff is that it is a dual coax to cope with Sky + if you have had a recent installation, if you havn't then you will have standard single coax which is the same as the stuff that you will be using.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: