Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: fa cup crawley town v swindon town  (Read 25991 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 01:14:22 »

Don't be silly paul. Whilst it's nice to pretend that we are the big boys and don't really care, there are a lot of fans out there who will relish the chance to cross Crawley off their ground list before they get into the league.
I'm sure there are. They should get out more. There's also plenty who don't think like that but would turn out if (say) it was Wolves or even someone like Burnley. I'm probably one of them. That's not pretending we're big boys, just that I'd struggle to think of a less likable place or potential opponent than Crawley (well, apart from MK obviously)
Peter CTFC

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 01:25:28 »

The ticket prices don't help. More expensive than a League One game at the CG.
Swindon would have had a say in the ticket prices.  

I know it's the biggest game in your club's history, but the prices are taking the piss.
Biggest game in our history?  
« Last Edit: Friday, November 26, 2010, 01:27:38 by Peter CTFC » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 07:26:28 »

I see on your official site only 400 advanced tickets have been sold.  I thought you might have managed more than that.  If it's not a sell-out it won't be down to the Crawley section being empty.

Crawley on a Friday night = 1/2 day off work and a shit journey. Not going to enthuse too many when its on TV, even if it isn't the same.

Personally I like going to non-league grounds. The type where you can get a beer, stand next to the pitch and swap ends at half time. Looks like yours is a bit bigger than that though. But the Friday night killed any chance of going.

Lastly "project promotion", really, "project promotion". Is your 'marketing'  department a bit special, filled with the type of person who regularly is in casualty having crayons removed from their nose?

Good luck in the league, but obviously I hope you die on your asses tonight. Unfortunately I'm not confident of that.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 07:41:51 »

More than I thought we'd pre sell. Most people I know who are going haven't pre bought. We'll still have a decent following 800+.

PS it didn't snow overnight. Very cold though.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 08:00:38 »

hey peter im a swindon season ticket holder and i live in west sussex and i dont know if i can be arsed, let alone travel from wilts. its fucking nippy out there, took 15 minutes to clear a good 2 inches of ice off car this morning and im only 50m from sea front so fuck knows what its like in land.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 08:36:00 »

If its not their biggest game in their history, then why have they made limited edition t-shirts for this fixture?!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter CTFC

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 12:02:24 »

If its not their biggest game in their history, then why have they made limited edition t-shirts for this fixture?!!
The club made t-shirts for our first tv game a few years back, that wasn't the biggest game in our history either.  You seem to think we've never made round 2 or further before, or is it because it's "Swindon" you think it's the biggest?
jb

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 12:04:39 »

The club made t-shirts for our first tv game a few years back, that wasn't the biggest game in our history either.  You seem to think we've never made round 2 or further before, or is it because it's "Swindon" you think it's the biggest?

We are sleeping giants.

Premiership club in disguise.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 12:05:15 »

The club made t-shirts for our first tv game a few years back,

Haha, how tinpot

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 12:06:01 »

The club made t-shirts for our first tv game a few years back, that wasn't the biggest game in our history either.  You seem to think we've never made round 2 or further before, or is it because it's "Swindon" you think it's the biggest?
Strangely most of us aren't very familiar with your history, recent or otherwise, because we don't know or care much about you. Personally I could give a fuck if you had Franklin Mint run out special commemorative plates for every league fixture, I'm still not going to your poxy ground on a Friday night.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 12:09:05 »

The club made t-shirts for our first tv game a few years back, that wasn't the biggest game in our history either.  You seem to think we've never made round 2 or further before, or is it because it's "Swindon" you think it's the biggest?

Ever had a former Premier League/Anglo Italian champions at your ground before? No? Respect our authorita.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
flammableBen

« Reply #71 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 12:10:20 »

Don't bite with the crawley fans bait it will just be more embarrassing when they beat us.
Peter CTFC

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 12:47:13 »

Strangely most of us aren't very familiar with your history, recent or otherwise, because we don't know or care much about you.
The ironic thing is we could end up playing you twice in the league next season.   Yes
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #73 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 12:49:45 »

Ever had a former Premier League/Anglo Italian champions at your ground before? No? Respect our authorita.

Yes they have, we had a pre-season game with them in the wise era!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, November 26, 2010, 12:55:01 »

Even pook scored that day.
I think he had 2!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print