Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield Wednesday 4th December  (Read 13218 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 14:12:44 »

Probably depends more on overnight temps, ie whether the pitch is frozen, than levels of snowfall
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:29:10 »

It's definately best to do the inspection tomorrow rather than risk a late call off.

I'd be stunned if it goes ahead, imagine they will only give it the ok if the pitch and area around the CG are 100% ok which im guessing is unlikely.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 17:38:26 »

Even if we get the go-ahead tomorrow that's really only going to be a go-ahead for a Saturday morning pitch inspection.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 18:01:28 »

I'm very glad I changed my mind on this one and didn't book a room. By the looks of the weather it would have been a bit of a hag getting up with the likely hood of it being off
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 18:06:06 »

No way will this be on. Even if the pitch is fine it'll be the shit excuse that it's too dangerous for people outside the ground.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 18:26:59 »

No way will this be on. Even if the pitch is fine it'll be the shit excuse that it's too dangerous for people outside the ground.

They might be right cos leefer might have led me astray and took me to every pub in Swindon
Spencer_White

« Reply #51 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 18:44:36 »

I disagree, I think they will get it on.

We havnt even had much snow in this part of the country. The cold weather has started so early that what if we get another 5 or 6 borderline home fixtures? That would throw the season into chaos.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 19:11:06 »

I disagree, I think they will get it on.

We havnt even had much snow in this part of the country. The cold weather has started so early that what if we get another 5 or 6 borderline home fixtures? That would throw the season into chaos.

I'm sure they'll do everything they can to get the match on but if the pitch is unplayable its unplayable, its the referee who'll decide.

According to the metcheck web site Saturday should be a bit warmer but still not getting above freezing even during the day. If that's right I cant see the game being on, and Tuesday's has to be in serious doubt too.
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=sn1
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 19:35:16 »

They might be right cos leefer might have led me astray and took me to every pub in Swindon

Chuffed if its off...got a driving course on Saturday that i have to do...new EU laws on driving etc.
So i get to see it hopefully when rearanged.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #54 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 19:40:47 »

Chuffed if its off...got a driving course on Saturday that i have to do...new EU laws on driving etc.
So i get to see it hopefully when rearanged.

It's not off yet leefer, we're just anticipating the fact. It could have been very dangerous with all that snow and us going to every pub. The only thing that's off so far is my trip
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 19:44:16 »

Its off...believe me.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 19:50:48 »

It's definately best to do the inspection tomorrow rather than risk a late call off.

Yep. I read on another forum that Wednesday have sold approx 2500 advance tickets (not sure whether that is correct or not)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, December 2, 2010, 23:50:57 »

Even if the pitch is ok, the car park is like an ice rink.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 07:35:43 »

According to the metcheck web site Saturday should be a bit warmer but still not getting above freezing even during the day. If that's right I cant see the game being on, and Tuesday's has to be in serious doubt too.
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=sn1

It's odd, because BBC have their weather model going up to a tropical 5C  by lunchtime on Saturday. I guess it depends where the warm front ends up.

But they'll surely call it off today if the pitch is frozen.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, December 3, 2010, 07:50:56 »

im fucked if im coming, was planning to travel up tonight but sod that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: