Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will Brezovan disappoint?  (Read 4052 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 19:09:28 »

Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "Redgewell"
I like evans. Just go watch that forty yard free kick and it'll soon put your mind at ease. Him and Peacock in the centre. Fucking sweet

Like I said I think he is still the best we have....but he was on a roll before he got injured......would that have carried on all season?? would he maybe of curtailed off and been another bit player in the middle?

Personally like your good self i'm relishing the prospect of Peacock and evans in the middle, but my point remains....am I right to be this exctied about the prospect or do we think we have built him up a bit like Brez in our minds since being injured???

You are right to be excited. Evans wins a hell of a lot in the middle, on the ground but especially in the air (for such a small guy I was always impressed with his heading ability  and jumping). Essentially breaking up play (Pook's job) but he has the extra dimension of fantastic set pieces - something we actually utilised when he was in the side.

I would never have believed I'd say that about him after watching the small fat guy who rugby tackled an opposition player and looked woeful in all aspects against Reading!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 19:23:40 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"
I've thought about this long and hard.

With Brezovan having been out  for so long, have we all built his ability and reputation up to such a degree that when he plays we'll be disappointed?

For instance. His kicking is not all that, will we get frustrated with his kicking after watching smithy kicking straight balls all season?

Will we be able to accept any mistakes he may make?

When Migz was injured last season (I think) i do recall everyone i spoke to talking about him like a god, how he'd save us, how he was going to be the catalyst to better football and how we were lost without him. I felt the same.

Well, he came back and was not the Migz we'd all created. I remember the excitement i felt when i knew he was going to play, and then the disappointment at realising he was not Paul Scholes and played 2nd Division Football.

So, may this happen to Brez, or is he good enough to live up to our misty eyed recollections of the Hartlepool performance?

No - Brez is the real deal.

"Great save, Digby."
glos_robin

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 24, 2007, 19:24:42 »

Brez is god ......and a damn good artist too
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: