Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bit of a hoo-haa down in london  (Read 33474 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 00:35:34 »

If you take as much care writing CV's as you do on here it's no fucking surprise you struggled.
What's wrong there? He's using the present subjunctive were.
DMR

« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 00:51:11 »

Aww, is ickle David a little upset that I said bad things about you and your student chums? Diddums.

I'm devastated tbh, I dote on your every word x
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 06:24:28 »

What's wrong there? He's using the present subjunctive were.
No, I were just careless.

Bad grammar costs lives.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 09:08:27 »

Not really understanding your logic Paul ?

A nurse follows exactly the same pay scale as a Midwife - they start on £21k and can go up a lot....

No, 6th form should be free.  After all the plumbers and electricians of this world will also need some time at college when they leave school. So as they are all in together us oldies can pay for them until they are 18 (i.e. left school for 2 years).  After that it becomes a pure choice thing for me - therefore they should pay for the privilege.....
It's a choice at 16. Plumbers/electricians etc are choosing to stay in education/training so they can gain a skill and eventually earn considerably more than those feather-bedded nurses. To use your own standards, why should I pay for that? And why should Crispy and his fellow trolley-pushers who've chosen to get stuck straight into work instead of faffing about for a further two years subsidise these workshy future fatcats?
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 09:26:16 »

This is obviously where it is subjective....

All I said was my personal opinion is that we should have the same rules for all - first 2 years regardless what you do at "college" after leaving school should be free - as I said my opinion.

After that if you want more qualifications then pay towards it - it really is as simple as that for me.

I don't think that is too controversial - it's just my opinion

I think all education should be free up to and including A level standard (or equivalent). 

Lumps - I don't think they are Fat Cats at all !!  I was "quoting" Paul as it was actually him who made that statement, not me !!

Wise men say........
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 09:42:18 »

I was taking the piss!

Fair enough, SS, it's a coherent opinion and well set out. Guess we just draw the line differently as to where the benefit to society stops and becomes more benefit to individual. Although I keep coming back to the point made by I think pretty much everyone in this thread that it might all be a bit less of a debate if Blair hadn't stuffed the universities with his "everyone should have a degree, no matter how pointless" approach as the whole thing would be a lot more affordable.
sheepshagger

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 10:31:39 »

Totally agree Paul - Blair has an awful lot to answer for - not just fucking up the education system Smiley

I am finding myself getting more conservative as I get older - I'm not sure it's a good thing but my tolerance levels have almost gone altogether Smiley

Wise men say........
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 10:39:27 »

I am finding myself getting more conservative as I get older - I'm not sure it's a good thing but my tolerance levels have almost gone altogether Smiley
I'm finding the same with my bladder Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 10:44:49 »

My tolerance levels are also taking a bit of a hammering.  (Bladder's OK for now though, thankfully.)  Is a normal thing...youthful idealism starting to drain away when you're confronted with the realities of middle age?  I think I'm still more liberal than most, but I've also noticed a shift.  Give it 10 years and we'll all be reading the Daily Mail, discussing house prices and noting how that Ironside fella was misunderstood all along.  It's a dark, distopian vision of the future, that's for sure.
sheepshagger

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 11:16:24 »

Tell me about it !

Bladder's been on the way out for years to be honest - but I am finding myself wanting to have people hung drawn and quartered for some things !

Wise men say........
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 11:24:56 »

My tolerance levels are also taking a bit of a hammering.  (Bladder's OK for now though, thankfully.)  Is a normal thing...youthful idealism starting to drain away when you're confronted with the realities of middle age?  I think I'm still more liberal than most, but I've also noticed a shift.  Give it 10 years and we'll all be reading the Daily Mail, discussing house prices and noting how that Ironside fella was misunderstood all along.  It's a dark, distopian vision of the future, that's for sure.

I find the reverse....today's youth are more or less devoid of any political thought...other than the occasional Daily Mail knee jerk.

Whereas all the most committed lefties I know are well into middle age...

According to the stats, it's erectile dysfunction you need to worry about
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 12:17:59 »

I was taking the piss!

Fair enough, SS, it's a coherent opinion and well set out. Guess we just draw the line differently as to where the benefit to society stops and becomes more benefit to individual. Although I keep coming back to the point made by I think pretty much everyone in this thread that it might all be a bit less of a debate if Blair hadn't stuffed the universities with his "everyone should have a degree, no matter how pointless" approach as the whole thing would be a lot more affordable.

Totally agree Paul.

From the Dark Side
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 13:03:15 »

I think pretty much everyone in this thread that it might all be a bit less of a debate if Blair hadn't stuffed the universities with his "everyone should have a degree, no matter how pointless" approach as the whole thing would be a lot more affordable.

Personally I won't let anyone without a degree cut my hair shine my head.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 13:07:47 »

People without degrees have been proven to be genetically inferior.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, December 14, 2010, 14:07:46 »

People without degrees have been proven to be genetically inferior.

Think that's dungarees isn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: