Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 48   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ashes 2010  (Read 81761 times)
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 1, 2010, 16:17:10 »

Would love to be going - I had the chance of tickets, but unfortunately the small matter of the cost of the flights had to be taken into consideration.  Grin

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 1, 2010, 17:41:30 »

The Aussies aren't only suffering on the field at present.It seems that socially, young teenagers
aren't showing the same interest in cricket.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/nov/01/ashes-australia-interest-waning

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Spencer_White

« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 1, 2010, 18:25:34 »

The Aussies aren't only suffering on the field at present.It seems that socially, young teenagers
aren't showing the same interest in cricket.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/nov/01/ashes-australia-interest-waning

The depth they have enjoyed for the last 20 years has been incredible, and it had to come to an end.

Australian fans are notorious for turning off and switching over to another sport if the national team are losing. But in the background they will have plenty of players knuckling down to net sessions. England had the better of Ashes clashes in the 80's and that inspired an unbelievable generation of players.

Cricket Australia are right to worry about their revenue streams. They dont get the crowds, if you cant fill the grounds then you can ramp up the prices, as the ECB have done over here.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, November 1, 2010, 18:34:08 »

if you cant fill the grounds then you can ramp up the prices, as the ECB have done over here.

The prices are high mostly due to the ECB now auctioning Tests and ODI's to the highest bidders, as proved by when Cardiff getting an Ashes test, and the venues then have to charge to try to make a profit on them.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, November 1, 2010, 18:37:32 »

I also see that the Aussie press are reverting to the same old lines...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/we-are-all-100-per-cent-english-says-skipper/story-e6frg7mf-1225945868421

BAZINGA !!

STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, November 1, 2010, 19:04:17 »

The prices are high mostly due to the ECB now auctioning Tests and ODI's to the highest bidders, as proved by when Cardiff getting an Ashes test, and the venues then have to charge to try to make a profit on them.

It is pretty silly charging people too much but they still seem to fill the grounds.
nochee

« Reply #21 on: Monday, November 1, 2010, 19:14:53 »

I dont know if you have the tickets or not or what kind of atmosphere you are looking to get from the crowds but try and find the right spot of the stadium if you are looking for a laugh as well as watching the cricket.

As the fans are mixed together at cricket (they were when i watched it) the banter is brilliant. As the day goes on and the beer flows it gets better and better.

I forget the name of the sections/bays in each stadium but its worth finding out. If thats what you want, of course.

You will love it whatever you do anyway.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, November 1, 2010, 19:17:32 »

I dont know if you have the tickets or not or what kind of atmosphere you are looking to get from the crowds but try and find the right spot of the stadium if you are looking for a laugh as well as watching the cricket.

As the fans are mixed together at cricket (they were when i watched it) the banter is brilliant. As the day goes on and the beer flows it gets better and better.

I forget the name of the sections/bays in each stadium but its worth finding out. If thats what you want, of course.

You will love it whatever you do anyway.

Yeah have all my tickets, general admin where ever possible! So hopefully be in with the barmyarmy at some point. 
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 13:33:27 »

another great result for the australian's... ha ha.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 14:56:34 »

I see Glenn McGrath has predicted another 5-0...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/the-ashes/former-test-star-glenn-mcgrath-again-tips-australia-to-win-ashes-series-5-0/story-e6frf3gl-1225947023301

BAZINGA !!

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 17:41:08 »

He does it every time now. At least he sees the funny side of it.
DMR

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 17:46:11 »

We'll fucking stuff em, I'm well confident.

They've got the better opening bowlers and the only genuine all rounder in Watson, but we piss all over them in every other department.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 21:01:37 »

The Australians have forgotten how to win, well thats the headline anyway..

http://www.cricinfo.com/australia-v-sri-lanka-2010/content/current/story/485282.html
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 21:53:26 »

i fucking hate watson's stupid cunting face, i hope he forgets how to play

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 22:06:14 »

We'll fucking stuff em, I'm well confident.

They've got the better opening bowlers and the only genuine all rounder in Watson, but we piss all over them in every other department.

Dave! Welcome back!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 48   Go Up
Print
Jump to: