Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HALF TIME: Bath City 3 Swindon Supermarine 3  (Read 7946 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 20:59:35 »

Mega ace stuff....kind of mirrors 1960 when Bath City drew at the CG then lost to STFC 6-4 in the replay.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 21:31:44 »

£18 at Luton Eek

Christ no wonder their supporters rioted when they lost in the play offs, not only did they have another season in non league to look forward to, but an extorniate price to pay for it!  Cheesy
Panda Paws

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 22:08:49 »

Just got back from this, it was a super game and massive fair play to Collier and his side, an incredible achievement.

They've got a talented young side down there now and with one or two additions could push on over the next year or so.

Of the ex-swindon lot, Henry was an absolute rock at CB and mom of the match for me.

Can't see many making the trip to plymuff next Sat so could be a healthy gate indeed for the visit of Eastwood
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 22:27:02 by Panda Paws » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 22:15:47 »

Just got back from this, it was a super game and massive fair play to Collier and his side, an incredible achievement.

They've got a talented young side down there now and with one or two additions could push on over the next year or so.

Of the ex-swindon lot, Henry was an absolute rock at CB and mom of the match for me.

Can't see many making the trip to plymuff next Sat so could a healthy gate indeed for the visit of Eastwood

Some years ago I visited Eastwood, because of the DH Lawrence connections...would have made a decent away day..
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 22:23:59 »

I don't know whether to be pleased for Marine or worried that they may actually go further than us in the FA Cup this year. Either way fair play to them.
flammableBen

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 22:27:10 »

I don't think I'd really begrudge them getting further in the FA Cup this once, as long as it didn't become a regular occurrence.

What odds can you get on them winning it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 22:43:57 »

I don't know whether to be pleased for Marine or worried that they may actually go further than us in the FA Cup this year. Either way fair play to them.

Indeed best achievement for another Swindon side since Swindon Victoria got to the final of the Amateur Cup in 21....losing 4-2 to Bishop Auckland at Ayresome Park....not so much a neutral ground, more of a home game for the norverners.

Someone like Leefer might want to do a bit of research on that game.....

The Vics, disappeared sometime in the early 70's...when I lived elsewhere, I believe they were franchised to Malmesbury.

An ancient mate, once told me their pitch disappeared under the M4....I always suspected he was talking bollox.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 22:47:12 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 08:05:13 »

Really pleased for them.

They have a winable tie aswell, you never know, with a good draw in round 2, they could get to the thrid round and all the money that comes with that would be brilliant for them.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 08:09:47 »

Fantastic result for Marine. They've come on in leaps and bounds in the last few years. Eastwood hven't exactly been pulling up any trees in the Conference North so Marine will fancy their chances. I would go to that if I didn't live so God Damn far away. Roll Eyes
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 08:37:33 »

Brilliant stuff by Marine, might be the first and last time ever that they progress further than we do in the cup, heaven forbid.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 08:49:05 »

Swindon Supermarine V Oxford United round 2 Cheesy Could be interesting....
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 15:58:40 »

this made me smile....

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 16:36:53 »

Absolutely delighted for them Clap
Rich Pullen

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 17:15:10 »

I love it when us fans can call decisions from the other side of the pitch... Mind you I agree with him Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 17:16:19 »

A lad I know went to the game and was stood behind that goal, said it bounced about 3 yards clear. Shit happens Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: