Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: John Campbell  (Read 10883 times)
Barnard

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 07:18:32 »

Non league striker with an impressive scoring record in the STL Northern League apparently on trial with us this week.

Does lightning strike twice?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 07:54:54 »

Found a small mention here.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/8473288.print/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 07:59:20 »

Newcastle Benfield striker, scoring for fun up there but a pretty low level, scored 5 goals a week or so ago against Esh FC.

Not sure how many he has got this season but I am pretty sure its in double figures.

Worth a look, as you say lightening can strike twice.....

A little quote from a match report for Benfield vs Sheilds finished 3-3 in August this season

An unforgettable day in Benfield resulted in Shields being 3-0 down with 82 minutes gone before finishing the game 3-3 to claim a memorable replay this Tuesday (31st, 7.30pm kick off).

Shield were rarely in it in the first half although they did manage to hold their higher league opponents at bay. Benfield took the lead midway through the half as a deep cross left Marty Graham flat footed and (Name to follow) in the Benfield attack slotted past Robinson in the Robins goal.

Rasmussen went close for Shields and Robinson pulled off a fine stop to keep the advantage at one at half time. Benfield also had a shot that came back off the crossbar.
Benfield came out the second half looking to finish the tie and two close range tap in’s (the first from what looked like an offside position) resulted in a 3-0 scoreline and game over.

Shields weren’t beaten as very late on a Douglas turn and shot reduced the deficit and then Andy Bowman was hauled down literally by the keeper for a penalty and a sending off. Douglas dispatched the penalty as he did with the final kick of the game as a JD Hall shot on target was handled and the kick awarded and dispatched.

A great game and result only spoiled by a disgraceful incident at the end with Benfield and ex-Shields player John Campbell ran half the length of the pitch to retrieve the match ball and then run towards the Shields support to riffle the ball at them in retribution for some chanting regarding his inability to hit a barn door from 10 yards.

He then squared up to the supporters in an aggressive manner and dispatched a string of profanities showing clearly to all on view his pre-pubescent attitude.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:47:06 »

Appears that he has 18 goals so far this season. It is at quite a low level, but then so was Poole I suppose.

He might be given a game against Bournemouth reserves this afteroon according to the Adver. I wonder if the wife and kids fancy a trip to the County Ground this afternoon as a half term 'treat'?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:27:25 by Barnard » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:51:51 »

He sounds ace! "string of profanities" YES!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:57:55 »

Talking of trialists, does anyone know much about what's happening with the Samsung contract thing?  Doesn't the years contract start this Jan? I'm hoping we'll find a few promising ones through that.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:58:41 »

Bloody Northeners

Things get better but they never get good
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:04:11 »

That team has the same surname as me.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
phelpsieboy

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:05:26 »

Talking of trialists, does anyone know much about what's happening with the Samsung contract thing?  Doesn't the years contract start this Jan? I'm hoping we'll find a few promising ones through that.

Believe the trials have already started as Fridays Round up on the OS said on this weekends football focus David Garrido catches up with Charlie Austin at the samsung win a pro contract trials, but it was never on Sad
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:07:41 »

Hi Ben Newcastle.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:14:05 »

Is your first name Dan?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:15:11 »

Just looked this up. Interesting to note that Rory Fallon has had reconstructive surgery and appiled. (pg 3)

http://www.samsungfootball.co.uk/procontract/the-trials/
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:29:34 »

Just looked this up. Interesting to note that Rory Fallon has had reconstructive surgery and appiled. (pg 3)

Page 2 has a Michael Pook look a like.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 10:11:34 »

Is your first name Dan?

Yus.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 10:26:23 »

Yus.

If you are the same person I'm thinking of, I was in the Savoy with you and your mrs on Friday Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: