Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What a crap Saturday....  (Read 18339 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, October 9, 2010, 16:16:45 »

Probably abit early for that but I would say possibly a season defining match

Don't be so silly. If you look at the table, yes we are 19th but we're 5 points off the play-offs. It's hardly a disaster. A win on Monday would be great as it puts us back within 2 points in what is such a tight league but it's hardly essential or season defining given we are only 10 games in.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #46 on: Saturday, October 9, 2010, 16:36:00 »

Don't be so silly. If you look at the table, yes we are 19th but we're 5 points off the play-offs. It's hardly a disaster. A win on Monday would be great as it puts us back within 2 points in what is such a tight league but it's hardly essential or season defining given we are only 10 games in.

Spot on

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
nochee

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, October 9, 2010, 17:07:56 »

I just remembered that i put a bet on the other day.

Carlisle
Sheff Wed
MK Dongs
Brighton

All to win. My10 quid bet would of returned 100 pound. I fucking hate Brighton
glos_robin

« Reply #48 on: Saturday, October 9, 2010, 19:35:07 »

Why? we're nearly a quarter of the way through the season now I think the next few games are going to define how our season pans out. Just my opinion I know but thats what I think and a local derby against Rovers and an away match against one of the best attacks in the league is going to be a good indicator of where we stand. Come out of these with 4 or more points and we're looking OK, come out of these with less than 3 then we're looking at a very average season as you can only claim a team is underachieving for so long.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, October 9, 2010, 19:48:58 »

I'm at work again. All weekend 4-12 and next weekend. No Peterborough for me Sad

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, October 9, 2010, 20:22:41 »

Why? we're nearly a quarter of the way through the season now I think the next few games are going to define how our season pans out. Just my opinion I know but thats what I think and a local derby against Rovers and an away match against one of the best attacks in the league is going to be a good indicator of where we stand. Come out of these with 4 or more points and we're looking OK, come out of these with less than 3 then we're looking at a very average season as you can only claim a team is underachieving for so long.

Agree completely with this.  I think we all thought we'd put the start of the season behind us when we won 3 games on the trot then look what happened.  We can't keep waiting for a decent run to start. 
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, October 9, 2010, 23:57:13 »

I'm not claiming we are underachieving. I'm just making the point that even at a 1/4 of the way through the season there is still plenty of time especially given how close the league is. 2 games doesn't make a season. We could get 4 or more points from the next 2 and then fail to win the next 5 or vice versa so it will hardly be season defining. In this league anyone can beat anyone. We beat one of the best teams in the league in the form of Huddersfield the other week then lost last week at bloody Dagenham. I don't think any 1 or 2 games are a true indicator of a where we stand. To be honest even if we're 6 or 7 points off the play-offs at Christmas I still wouldn't rule out us making the top 6. If the gap was bigger then i'd obviously have doubts. I think that's the sort of time we can really begin to see where we might end up come May.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 00:07:55 »

I quite enjoyed a Swindonless Saturday.

I've gone right off this season already.
flammableBen

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, October 10, 2010, 00:44:30 »

To be honest I'm with Dave on this one. I'm a big enough fan that I don't really need to go to games to prove it anymore, but even if you haven't reached that point it's still a bit depressing if you really can't find something else to do on a Saturday.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: