Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Ritchie back on Loan  (Read 9897 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 11:46:43 »

He never impressed in his cameos, but it would be unfair to judge him on that

Yup, agree with that.

Will be good to have a 4-4-2 option again. I know AOB plays in the same position, but he has dodgy hamstrings..
jb

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 11:48:37 »

Yup, agree with that.

Will be good to have a 4-4-2 option again. I know AOB plays in the same position, but he has dodgy hamstrings..

And dodgy feet...
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 12:30:27 »

As said by others, it'll be good to free up Ball to play up top.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 12:45:38 »

Meh

Am i the only one who didnt think he was any good?

He did only play about 107 minutes for us over 4 games

65 of those coming against Stockport, where he was crap and basically admitted so on the radio afterwards. Think it had been about 2 months since he'd last played for Notts County and he'd been injured as well.

Clean slate and all that...

« Last Edit: Monday, October 4, 2010, 13:19:08 by Dave » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 13:14:53 »

Just need a decent striker now and maybe we can move on
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 13:30:46 »

From wht little I saw of him, he was exactly what I expected - a bit good, a bit crap. He's only a young lad learning his trade so I'm more than willing to cut him some slack. He's not going to be the magic wand that revitalises our season - Austin coming back, may be.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 14:07:37 »

Good signing IMO.  Was one of the better Pompey players in pre season and their first few matches and the pompey fans were raving about him saying that they should build their team around him for the future.

Nothing can be judged on his previous stint here.  All he has to do is show a bit of interest and positional knowledge and he will already be better than O'Brien.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 15:38:20 »

Decent signing, we desbratley needed an out and out left winger, gives another option.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 15:54:51 »

We really should be thinking of signing a right sided defender instead of wingers

I come from a land down-under
pompeypages.com

« Reply #39 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 16:30:29 »

Dear Swindon Fans,

I am writing on behalf of a Portsmouth FC blog called the Pompey Pages. As of this morning, our midfielder Matt Ritchie joined Swindon Town on a month-long loan contract.

I am looking to run a feature whilst Ritchie plays for Swindon called The Ritchie Report, and what I'm looking for is a Swindon fan regularly attending Swindon home and away matches, just to send a quick review on how Matt Ritchie played during this match.

You don't have to necessarily be a great writer, as I can edit it, but just 100 or 200 words on how Ritchie has played each match would be brilliant.

If you fancy doing it, then please email me at thepompeypages@gmail.com

Thanks and all the best for the season!

Ben Hardinge
The Pompey Pages
Spencer_White

« Reply #40 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 16:52:53 »

I think he lost a bit of heart last season when he realised he was up against Danny Ward. One of the best loan players weve ever had at the County Ground.

It was a battle he was never going to win. But we need wingers now and its only fair to judge him after he has had a decent run out in 3 or 4 games.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 16:57:16 »

Hopefully this will mean a change back to 4-4-2 - McGovern-Douglas-Ferry/Prutton-Ritchie.

jb

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 17:03:42 »

Good signing IMO.  Was one of the better Pompey players in pre season and their first few matches and the pompey fans were raving about him saying that they should build their team around him for the future.

Nothing can be judged on his previous stint here.  All he has to do is show a bit of interest and positional knowledge and he will already be better than O'Brien.

What's happened since pre-season then? Who's he lost his place in the starting line up to?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 17:07:24 »

Pleased enough. Let's be honest we needed an option out on the left and he gives us that. As said above maybe now we can look at playing a flat 4-4-2 again? Ball probably wants to play as a striker so now he can. Gives us more options. I think we're now only a CB and possibly a RB away from what we need to have the strengh in depth and a competitive squad.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 17:20:13 »

What's happened since pre-season then? Who's he lost his place in the starting line up to?
i'd imagine lawrence coming in meant the midfield was jigged around a bit

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: