Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dagenham & Redbridge V Swindon Town Official Match Day Thread  (Read 37281 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Sunday, October 3, 2010, 23:43:46 »

Haha, cheers - same to you. 

If its any consolation to any of you lot, we do have a bit of a link.  Most Dagger's i speak to, myself included (not that i admit to speaking to myself.....and neither do i) fucking hate Oxford from our days playing then in non-league recently. 
Stop it or I'll have to offer to marry you
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 06:02:11 »

I remember asking Fred on the tube who the bloke who looked like tans without pete burns' lips was.

Cheeky fucker!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 07:45:27 »

I haven't got the heart (or the time) to read through 29 pages of this.  Great day out apart from the football bit.  The highlight, probably, was learning that donkey was someone I'd actually known for about 10 years.
UD161

« Reply #423 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 08:14:58 »

Was a very strange game I thought.  For the first 20 minutes you were clearly the better side, but then took your foot off the gas.  Between minutes 20 and 80, I am not sure you attempted to come forward at any stage.  Maybe scoring the goal so early was a bad thing, as you then just set up camp in your own half till we went ahead??  Happened against Exeter the other week as well when they scored after 5 minutes and then decided to defend for 85.  I know when teams are away from home you have to be tight etc etc, but I personally think some teams at this level are over playing that, and not playing to their strengths.  The two lumps up top for you won everything for 20 minutes, but then the whole approach seemed to change.

Also interesting to note a few of the "long ball" comments about us earlier in the thread.  I would say most sides in this league appear to play fairy long, but we tend to do it early.  Swindon, and even more so Charlton last week, seem to pass the ball square across the back line for 10 passes, and then lump it forward anyway, whereas we just cut out the square passes first!!!

Anyway, I would imagine you will be in the top 10 come the end of the season with the players you have.  When you actually went forward you looked a pretty powerful side (like the last 10 minutes).

Great support by the way.  We have had a few big turn outs for local derbies and cup games, but for a league game with a journey of 100 odd miles we haven't.  Saw a few Swindon  fans in the Yeoman in Upminster before the game as well, so hope you enjoyed your day.  See you at the CG later in the season. 
« Last Edit: Monday, October 4, 2010, 08:16:39 by UD161 » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 09:32:12 »

You'll give a lot of teams problems at home. Like the comment about playing across the back then lumping it btw. We are prone to that sometimes when we are struggling for ideas, but like you say if you're going to do it properly cut out the fannying around!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 10:34:47 »

When we're playing well, the passes across the back line are followed by passes into the midfield then good balls in to the strikers. Unfortunately we've been rather short of ideas at times this season, so have been stuck passing it around the back four.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 15:58:00 »

Jeez, this thread was a sombre read after getting back from my holibobs.
Barry Scott

« Reply #427 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 16:14:55 »

This is the first time I've been inside a match day thread since Huddersfield. Your post, Samdy, has made it clear I should not venture into this thread further. Phew.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 18:51:49 »

Are any of you guys on here, any of the lads on the tube after the game, with the pissed friend in the next carriage who was sticking his head through the window and banging on the door etc?

That was pretty funny.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 20:55:23 »

Don't think that was me...

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 21:00:09 »

Haaa, the dude that got slapped and banged his head against the door?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 21:16:23 »

Nope definiety not me...don't think I was on that tube train

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 21:17:52 »

That's so simplistic!

Off the field we've made massive progress. Our wage budget and transfer budget is towards the top end of this league (maybe 5th - 8th), our crowds are at a similar level. The board have been hell-bent on building this club on and off the pitch to put us in a position to challenge in this league, and we now have to deliver.

We're no longer a run-of-the-mill league one club, capable of a good season every 8 years or whatever. Look at the sponsors, look at the gates increasing in a time of real financial hardship, the ambitious but sensible ground plans, the general improvement of of the "CG experience". This board have changed all of that, and now we need to make sure we step up on the pitch.

Last year was not an over-acheivement.  AF and DW have both said many times that the expectation last year was playoffs and the 3rd round of the cup, and it was part of the building process. The expectation - inhouse at least - will be the same one would imagine, or possible even higher with the outlay in the summer.

Very true.  We are nothing without Fitton.
A Dagger

« Reply #433 on: Monday, October 4, 2010, 22:34:08 »

Why?

Because they thought they were invincible.............only they weren't.

Spencer_White

« Reply #434 on: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 21:20:08 »

Did you find the Pox talk about their attendances like they average 20,000 every week?

The more you talk to them the stranger it gets.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: