Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VIRGIN MEDIA  (Read 4073 times)
woolster

« on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 09:30:02 »

hi all, thought i would post this as some peolpe are getting fucked over with this email, it has a link to put your details in,  i phoned virgin according to them a few people have fallen for it, yet they have failed to warn against these emails

Dear Customer,
This e-mail has been sent to you by Virgin Media to inform you that we were unable to process your most recent payment of bill. This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information. (eg: billing address, phone)
2. Submitting incorrect information during bill payment process.

Due to this, to ensure that your service is not interrupted, we request you to confirm and update your billing information today by clicking here.

If you have already confirmed your billing information then please disregard this message as we are processing the changes you have made.

Regards,
Virgin Media
Billing Department[/b]

Thanks for your co-operation[/b][/b]
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 10:28:57 »

Seriously, what kind of muppet still clicks on links in emails asking for bank account/billing details?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 10:32:28 »

Seriously, what kind of muppet still clicks on links in emails asking for bank account/billing details?

[url width=500 height=375]http://articles.greenlinkcentral.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/2cfc3_3961706296_344a2c0162_o.jpg[/url]

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
woolster

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 10:34:04 »

thats it, but this was only asking for peoples virgin login, i like the paypal ones from nigeria Cheesy
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 10:42:36 »

How the hell did you get a photo of me at work JJ?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 10:45:58 »

How the hell did you get a photo of me at work JJ?

Sneaky little virus program that takes random pictures from people web cams Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Barry Scott

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 11:48:55 »

What's the link? The links are always good especially when they're fuck all like the genuine one. I also suspect it'll only be Internet Explorer users getting caught out by this - although maybe the latest version has some kind of phishing filter, I don't know.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 13:58:46 »

Hehe, i've just found this same email in my spam folder.

The link they give you is

http://pursepartync.com/confirm/abc.php
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 14:03:36 »

Well i gave them some details alright. Logged in with you're_a_spamming_cunt@ntlworld.com

The only gutting thing is it wouldn't let me put my birthday as yesterday Cheesy
Sussex

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 14:07:54 »

Oooh I got that VM email yesterday.

Obviously being the uber techno wizz that I am, figured it was a bit suss and binned it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 12:09:20 »

Would anyone know whether it's possible to get a Sky Sports 'day pass' (or equivalent) through Virgin Media?  I need something like this for the home leg next Monday.  But have a feeling I may need to take out a subscription for 30 days minimum.

Could anyone confirm?  Thanks.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 12:11:59 »

You can buy them online and watch through your PC on a one or seven day pass for £7 or £11 respectively:

http://www.nowtv.com/sports?referrer=nowtvsport&DCMP=KNC-Brand-nowtvsport-Sport-NOWTV-NC-Google
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 12:12:07 »

Go.to.pub.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 12:17:13 »

Wait, you mean these kind of emails are scams? maybe I won't get the quazillion quid a Nigerian said I would. Damn.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 6, 2015, 12:23:09 »

Wait, you mean these kind of emails are scams? maybe I won't get the quazillion quid a Nigerian said I would. Damn.

I seem particularly attractive to god fearing Nigerian girls whose fathers have been murdered whils having access to money which evil uncles are after - I thought it was just me....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: