Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Smith's Turn?  (Read 6924 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 09:36:52 »

Lucas = Scapegoat? Not a chance he is a good keeper. Just stating that Lucas has made quite a few mistakes whilst Smith has done quite well this season, surely you play the stronger keeper??  The difference with Brezovan was he was just a shit keeper, He hit a purple patch when he arrived and was shit pretty much ever since, some would argue he lost his confidence after his injury. I was talking in general terms that I think Smith has been a better keeper this season and dont think its fair he gets dropped just because Lucas is fit again.
glos_robin

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 09:54:43 »

Lucas = Scapegoat? Not a chance he is a good keeper. Just stating that Lucas has made quite a few mistakes whilst Smith has done quite well this season, surely you play the stronger keeper??  The difference with Brezovan was he was just a shit keeper, He hit a purple patch when he arrived and was shit pretty much ever since, some would argue he lost his confidence after his injury. I was talking in general terms that I think Smith has been a better keeper this season and dont think its fair he gets dropped just because Lucas is fit again.
Lucas IS the stronger keeper though, you need to look at the bigger picture and what he brings to the defence overall ie a voice as Smith says fuck all during games, he's a reasonable back up but Lucas is a better keeper as his career has shown playing for years in the Championship whereas Smith is unlikely ever to get any higher than this division. Smith doesn't get dropped in the usual sense as he is backup so only plays when Lucas can't or is rested and as soon as he is fit he plays, it happens at all clubs who have clear number 1 keepers. Shit examples but citing the Premiership Cech plays for Chelsea when fit, Reina plays for Liverpool when fit. Most clubs have a clear number 1 keeper and we are no different.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 09:59:48 »

After about 10 minutes last night I was ready in the Smith for Lucas camp. But after that Lucas was pretty good, a couple of excellent saves which I'm not sure Smith would have got to. So Lucas is back in my good book.
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 10:00:15 »

Gazza has a Phil Smith duvet cover and lots of posters on his wall and a little shrine with a lock of smith's hair that he uses to perform druidic voodoo rituals to make smith love him back.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 10:08:25 »

Has Phil Smith ever had locks of hair?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 10:08:55 »

Has Phil Smith ever had locks of hair?

Pubic?
flammableBen

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 10:11:10 »

best not to think about it.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 10:16:15 »

lucas is better.

we should be more concerned that our team shape has changed for the worse,and have a weaker side this year.
I agree with this
Let's see how we do on Saturday hopefully everyone will be a hero again
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 11:04:41 »

Gazza has a Phil Smith duvet cover and lots of posters on his wall and a little shrine with a lock of smith's hair that he uses to perform druidic voodoo rituals to make smith love him back.

I'm sure Phil Smith's shagging Gary's sister or cousin or something like that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 11:06:54 »

I agree with this
Let's see how we do on Saturday hopefully everyone will be a hero again
Fuck that, let's go into full-on panic meltdown RIGHT NOW!!!! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 11:33:09 »

Yes, I'd have Phil Smith back in for Saturday.

...but...thats not just because Lucas has cost us a few goals this season. I firmly believe if you come in and play well you keep the shirt. Since Wilson has been here Smith has been faultless.

He came back in for Brez at the end of the Malpas/Wilson season and played a huge part that often gets over looked in that final push to get away from the bottom 4. Last season every time he was called upon he was decent, putting in many match winning performances - most notably Southampton away and Charlton in the Play Offs.

I would have had him in at Wembley and I would have had him as first choice since then. He's come in played well and has deserved to keep the shirt and he hasnt. Outfield players have.

As many decent saves as Lucas has made between his mistakes, Smith has made just as many decent saves in the games he has played.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 11:48:37 »

...but...thats not just because Lucas has cost us a few goals this season. I firmly believe if you come in and play well you keep the shirt. Since Wilson has been here Smith has been faultless.

He came back in for Brez at the end of the Malpas/Wilson season and played a huge part that often gets over looked in that final push to get away from the bottom 4. Last season every time he was called upon he was decent, putting in many match winning performances - most notably Southampton away and Charlton in the Play Offs.

I would have had him in at Wembley and I would have had him as first choice since then. He's come in played well and has deserved to keep the shirt and he hasnt. Outfield players have.

As many decent saves as Lucas has made between his mistakes, Smith has made just as many decent saves in the games he has played.
That was my point about as soon as Lucas is fit he plays depsite Smith having some great games doing nothing to lose the shirt.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 12:10:57 »

Utter bollox. Lucas is by far the superior keeper. He takes more risks so leaves himself open to fucking up like the first goal yesterday. Lucas commands his area while Smith is like a quivering fucking jelly when he comes off his line. The defence generally know what Lucas is going to do because he tells them. They haven't got a fucking clue what Smith is going to do. Lucas is also by far a more physical presence. In shot stopping ability I'd put them equal. The really annoying habit Smith also has is racing out then crapping himself, back pedalling and when you're back pedalling you can't dive - that has cost us 2 goals this season already.
Smith is Ok as a back up but he's nowhere near as fucking good as Lucas.
glos_robin

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 14:20:59 »

Utter bollox. Lucas is by far the superior keeper. He takes more risks so leaves himself open to fucking up like the first goal yesterday. Lucas commands his area while Smith is like a quivering fucking jelly when he comes off his line. The defence generally know what Lucas is going to do because he tells them. They haven't got a fucking clue what Smith is going to do. Lucas is also by far a more physical presence. In shot stopping ability I'd put them equal. The really annoying habit Smith also has is racing out then crapping himself, back pedalling and when you're back pedalling you can't dive - that has cost us 2 goals this season already.
Smith is Ok as a back up but he's nowhere near as fucking good as Lucas.
Yes
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 14:31:55 »

It isn't utter bollocks.

Smith has been the better of the two this season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: