Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paranormal Activity  (Read 41621 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 22:45:48 »

Just about sums it up Alan

Put the can down and walk away from the computer

Sums up what? I'm offering an opinion, just like you. Prove you have ghosts Andy. Go on. Give me independently verifiable evidence. You can't. It's all in your head.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 22:51:20 »

Did I say it was paranormal? No I did not. Read it again. Weird flashes yes, but I didnt call it paranormal. One other point, it was always dark (as it naturally would have to be to see bright flashes of light.) I never saw the point of origin of the light, and it was only ever on that stretch of road. now why, if it was light reflection or refraction, why wouldn't I see anything like it anywhere else on my vast travels? it wasn't like the headlights of an unseen car on a neighbouring road, it was always a massively bright, instant flash of light. If I had to liken it to anything, it would be the split-second flash of a strobe light.

Talk Talk

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 22:53:22 »

Did I say it was paranormal? No I did not. Read it again. Weird flashes yes, but I didnt call it paranormal. One other point, it was always dark (as it naturally would have to be to see bright flashes of light.) I never saw the point of origin of the light, and it was only ever on that stretch of road. now why, if it was light reflection or refraction, why wouldn't I see anything like it anywhere else on my vast travels? it wasn't like the headlights of an unseen car on a neighbouring road, it was always a massively bright, instant flash of light. If I had to liken it to anything, it would be the split-second flash of a strobe light.

So perhaps it was a strobe light? That's kinda near Honda, isn't it?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 22:53:38 »

Sums up what? I'm offering an opinion, just like you. Prove you have ghosts Andy. Go on. Give me independently verifiable evidence. You can't. It's all in your head.

so you calling me a liar ?

at this point I am going to do what you should have done about an hour ago Alan.

Going to close the laptop down before I tell you what I really think of you

Good night all
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 22:58:31 »

So perhaps it was a strobe light? That's kinda near Honda, isn't it?

No. If you're such a fountain of knowledge, attempt to explain the happenings in my original post. So far I've heard car, motorbike, helicopter search light, toy helicopter. none of which entirely explains the floating orb of light that flew over a fucking hedge.

Talk Talk

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 23:02:55 »

so you calling me a liar ?

at this point I am going to do what you should have done about an hour ago Alan.

Going to close the laptop down before I tell you what I really think of you

Good night all

Fine. I'm not calling you a liar, you believe what you want to believe. Just don't expect anybody else to believe you unless you have proof and evidence.

An analogy...there is a giant invisible spider sitting on the top of my head. No really, it is there... We could go on for hours and I would never convince you because you cannot see it, touch it, hear it, taste it or smell it. But no, I am convinced that it really, really is there.

Would you call me a liar?

The same argument applies to god, fairies, goblins, little green men, weird lights in the sky and Daggers staying up this season. Fantasy.
Talk Talk

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 23:05:24 »

No. If you're such a fountain of knowledge, attempt to explain the happenings in my original post. So far I've heard car, motorbike, helicopter search light, toy helicopter. none of which entirely explains the floating orb of light that flew over a fucking hedge.

I'm just making rational suggestions. I wasn't there, I didn't take readings, have a photometer or a camera.

Ball lightning? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning Not proven, but possible.
flammableBen

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 23:13:36 »

Am I being whooshed here, did you just do that on purpose as a joke?
Talk Talk

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 23:18:11 »

Am I being whooshed here, did you just do that on purpose as a joke?

Too Cool
flammableBen

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 23:19:50 »

ice man.

I'm a proper atheist. I don't even believe in the free market.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 23:22:46 »

If ghosts don't exist, how can you explain Casper?
flammableBen

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 23:24:43 »

he's a friendly ghost.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 23:28:38 »

flammableBen

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 23:38:45 »

For many years the idea of casper being a dead child was avoided by making out that ghosts were an entire different species, so he was born a ghost instead of becoming one.

This brings up some interesting ideas, could ghosts be some sort of undiscovered quantum gaseous intelligence, or maybe being breaking through from a close dimension or something.

flammableBen

« Reply #59 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 23:44:11 »

Maybe ghosts are wifi electrical interference of forum personalities.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: