Poll
Question: Who'll be Vinces partner for the next few weeks?
Dossevi? - 68 (85%)
Ball? - 9 (11.3%)
Change of formation? - 3 (3.8%)
Total Voters: 66

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So who plays up top in Charlie's absence?  (Read 8834 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 09:59:52 »

Simon Cox on loan would be nice...

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #46 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 10:03:30 »

Simon Cox on loan would be nice...

On his way to Reading on loan according to Mr Fitton on Saturday.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 10:38:19 »

Dossevi was terrific when he came on.  A really intelligent footballer!  He seems to have a picture of where palyers are on the pitch before he gets the ball which means he doesnt have to take a touch, look around and the pass the ball!

I dont think he will get 20-25 goals a season, but would it be a possibility to play him behind a front two or at the head of a midfield diamond?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #48 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 10:45:13 »

That would be my ideal option with him coming in for Prutton. McGovern and ferry either side of Douglas .
Panda Paws

« Reply #49 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 10:48:38 »

That would be my ideal option with him coming in for Prutton. McGovern and ferry either side of Douglas .

Exactly the same, when Charlie is fit anyway.
Coca Fola

« Reply #50 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 11:13:15 »

I'd play 4 3 3 with Ball Pericard and Dossevi up front. And with Ferry, Prutton and Douglas the 3 behind. Stick with the defence (for now).
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 11:19:03 »

still maintain that we need to get loan striker cover. Just going with 3 unproven strikers for a playoff push is a very high risk strategy
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 11:21:34 »

still maintain that we need to get loan striker cover. Just going with 3 unproven strikers for a playoff push is a very high risk strategy

Strikers don't become proven unless they are given a chance, I don't understand signing another without giving Ball or Dossevi a go.  Both Ball and Dossevi look like they have some good attributes and this will be their first time playing off of a big man in Vince, lets give them 2 or 3 games and see if they are capable of filling Charlie's boots and then if they are not go into the loan market.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 11:30:51 »

High risk strategy?  We're only talking "several" weeks, it's not like he's out for the season.  Gives the others a chance to come in and make a claim for a starting place.  Ball or Dossevi could come in, do a "Ward", and be the best thing since sliced bread.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 11:58:48 »

Agree with the above, DW obviously rates Vinnie, and to be fair to him he's hit the back of the net 3 times in the last 3 games (the cracking header from Sat being unfortunately offside). Those who couldn't make the game, or like me were sat in the Town End and didn't get a clear view of just how good Vinnie's header was, take a look at the video on the bbc site: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/default.stm

Don't think we'll be looking to bring anyone in either after Danny's comment below...

"We've got a couple of strikers in the club who are champing at the bit to play and they deserve opportunities, so we'll see how we go." - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/8993451.stm

I also think Dossevi is an incredibly intelligent footballer as others have mentioned, and is looking like he could be an incredibly potent force for us! So to cut this long string of bollocks to a short summary...

Vinnie + Dossevi, bringing ball on for Vinnie  Bye
« Last Edit: Monday, September 13, 2010, 12:00:36 by luckyluke699 » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 12:30:43 »

Besides which, signing a "proven goalscorer" on loan is a fairly tough task even if we wanted to.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 15:34:44 »

Not sure how an international footballer in Dossevi and a well travelled Pericard can be considered unproven... They might not be prolific goalscorers but they've both played at a high level!
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 16:11:18 »

Agreed, I think anyone expecting some big name loan signing because Charlie is out for a few weeks will be deluding themselves  Beers

If anything it's given Danny the excuse needed 'not' to play Charlie, and try other combinations out...

That said - get well soon Charlie!   Soapy Tit Wank
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 16:17:28 »

Im not buying all this 'Danny needed an excuse not to play charlie' crap. If Danny didnt want to play Charlie he wouldnt.

I just think that Charlie is the first name on the team sheet, and quite rightly too.
nochee

« Reply #59 on: Monday, September 13, 2010, 16:24:06 »

Im not buying all this 'Danny needed an excuse not to play charlie' crap. If Danny didnt want to play Charlie he wouldnt.

I just think that Charlie is the first name on the team sheet, and quite rightly too.

Agreed!

But, this now gives us the chance to try something different up front that more than likely would never have happened if Austin had stayed fit.

Like i said before, Dossevi and Pericard may just be a winning formula.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: